Download the paid version for unlimited tabs and to support me!
An Open-Source WebKit Browser
● Supports Android 2.2+
● Tabbed Internet Browsing
● Incognito Mode
● Supports Adobe Flash Player (get it here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2139513)
● No ads
● Fast Start Times
● Small Footprint
● Full-screen mode
● Google, DuckDuckGo, StartPage, Yahoo, Bing, and other search engines
Enjoy Lightning Browser, one of the smallest, fastest Android web browsers around. It is a high-performance small-sized Internet browser built for those who don't want the cumbersome size of Firefox or Chrome. It is based off the Android WebKit Engine.
Please email me with any questions you may have, I always try to respond. It is difficult for me to see all of your comments on the app itself, so use those to tell others about your experience rather than
● Long-press the back button to exit the browser
● Long-press a link to open in a new tab
● Don't forget to look into settings for other stuff!
NOTE: The free version is limited to five tabs (paid version has unlimited)
● permission.INTERNET - Obviously needed to access the internet :-P
● permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - Needed for downloading files
● permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - Needed for downloading files
● permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION - Needed for sites that want your location (you can deny location access)
● permission.READ_HISTORY_BOOKMARKS - Needed for reading the stock browser history
● permission.WRITE_HISTORY_BOOKMARKS - Needed for keeping the stock browser history up to date
If you are suspicious of the use of any of these permissions, take a look at the source code. If you are unsatisfied, download the code yourself, delete the permission you don't want, compile, and run it for yourself.