DescriptionThank you for the 5-star ratings :) We hope the app does help you!
We all want to be happy in this life. To reach happiness, we have goals. Different, some conscious, some subconscious. To reach them, we do take various steps. Making these steps we spend our time, effort, other resources. Life is quite limited in those resources, so we believe that it is important to spend them effectively. Important to be Productive.
Uniquely configured, with feedback and motivation, the Habits are much more powerful and elaborate than any of the hundreds of simple To-do and task lists, GTD apps out there.
'The Habits' help you increase your Productivity:
+ Define your principles (mission)
+ Remove distractions (influences vs concerns)
+ Set your Priorities
+ Describe you Life Roles
+ Identify your Goals to reach.
+ Create a comprehensive Action plan,
+ Put the steps into Projects/Actions/Checklists of various complexity!
We love all the feedback from You, and even a one star-rating would help! Of course, the deserved 5 stars are much better.
A productivity framework, The Habits have what other GTD and productivity applications are all missing: it helps you define your priorities and vision of your goals, overview and motivation of your deeds, plans, actions. Using it, you create a hierarchy of actions to reach your goals, where Actions of one Goal are totally separated from Actions of Another Goal, thus helping you concentrate much better on the current Goal and Action.
If you have just any issue, feedback or a simple thought about the application that you want to share with us, we are very happy to get that. Please, send them to email@example.com, or, write them anywhere in the http://andtek.blogspot.com, or within the review comments. The feedback from you is very welcome!
The principle is as follows:
1. Write what is your mission in life. Your mission is a general guideline to how you will live your life, is what you see as the meaning of life for you. It is a constitution, a foundation that will govern your actions and goals. Writing your personal mission may be not a one-time action, you will need time to write it, re-write it, re-think it. You may return to it time to time.
2. Write down what concerns you have and which ones you can influence - visualize them in the circles. Identify what you should concentrate on - Actions you have Influence on. Proactive, effective people increase their Circle of Influence. This page helps you visualize your worries, and concentrate on what you can change, what you can influence, not what you don't have control over.
3. Define your roles. Look at your life from different points. You can have different roles at the same time, the role may change depending on your priorities during the week. Example: at university you are a Student, at home you are a Husband/Wife or a Son/Daughter. Attach an Image/Picture from Camera or Gallery to better visualize the Role - visual information is better perceived by brain. To do so: Open Role -> Long-click on human icon in the top-left corner -> Choose source of image/picture
4. Set the goals you want to reach for each role. You can set long-term or short-term goals.
5. Define concrete steps - actions. You can have a single step actions, or you can define complex, multi-level project, or simple checklists.
6. Proritize your actions using 2x2 matrix (a.k.a. Eisenhower matrix).
7. Assign tasks to week days (use weekly planning).
For the matrix, your main work should go into Square 2 - you're more productive if you have your Important actions planned and under control. To be more productive, you have to do what is Important, which might not be easy or pleasant, rather than urgent things.
The app is written inspired by the Great book by Dr. Stephen R. Covey "The 7 Habits of highly effective people".
Account persmissions are required for Google Tasks API access.