DescriptionCreated in alliance with and approved by North Carolina State Parks
Majestic mountain scenes, breath-taking ocean views, hidden waterfalls, magnificent lakes and streams alongside towering forests with all shades of green—indeed, the diversity of North Carolina’s landscape is astonishing, and a perfect environment for almost any outdoor recreation. With its wide range of unparalleled sights coupled with its commitment to “exist for the enjoyment, education, health, and inspiration of all our citizens and visitors,” its no wonder why so many people continually visit North Carolina’s State Parks System seeking their next adventure or in search of a haven to escape the daily grind.
As you embark on your ideal NC getaway, feel confident that The Sanctioned and Approved Mobile Guide for NC State Parks will be there to enhance your visit. The app’s many features enables you to gain access to the most up-to-date park information, upcoming events, news, alerts, weather conditions and geographic landmarks before and during your trip to the park grounds.
Choose a park to visit by location, or by activities such as camping or fishing. Find that perfect spot with access to state park’s map.
Pro Enhanced Subscription Features
The enhanced features of the Pocket Ranger™ apps combine the functionality of an advanced hand held GPS with State surveyed Geographic Information System, commonly called “GIS”.
Make your park visit more memorable and fun by using unique GPS capabilities within the Pro Subscription version of the app. By subscribing to the Pro version you get features that will make your experience worth sharing with friends and family all within park grounds.
If that isn’t enough…continue reading and you’ll discover why!
Use the Pro features in the GPS Map section of the app to keep track of your friends, mark waypoints, record tracks, cache maps and share your activities.
• The majority of content & features function offline.*
• GPS mapping options include Google Road, Satellite, Hybrid & Open Street Terrain maps.
• The GPS Parks Nearest Me feature will help locate parks nearest you.
• Easy-to-cache default State Park Map tiles are accessible for offline use.
• Preprogrammed State Park Geographic Information System (GIS) & Points of Interest (POI) will help guide you through the park.
• The Friend Finder feature lets you keep track of companions while on a trail.
• A built-in compass can help point your direction.
• Use the Longitude/Latitude and Altitude positioning to navigate with ease.
• Whether it is during or for future visits, you could Record, Save and Recall tracks or waypoints at your convenience.
• Mark & personalize landmarks such as campgrounds, trailheads, fishing spots, parking areas & other points of interest.
• Share tracks, waypoints or current position with registered recipients through Facebook & Twitter.
• Export tracks and waypoints in .KML and .GPX formats by email.
• Let your family & friends know your whereabouts with the Alert Communication feature.
• Access information with ease
• Search by Activity on-the-go
• Search by Park or Region
• View maps of park facilities, trails and campgrounds
• Access up-to-date park info
• Get directions to each park facility
• Check park calendar of events
• Access online reservations
• Facility contact (phone, address & email) info
• Receive news, alerts, and weather update communication links
• Accessibility, pet policy, tide charts, ozone and water quality information
• Socially Network through Facebook and Twitter
• Flickr Photo share
Help the North Carolina Parks Department today by downloading this mobile application. With every download, you are contributing to North Carolina State Parks Department.
* The enhanced pro features on the app are designed to function in areas with little to no mobile reception, however some of the features require mobile data reception in order to function properly.