DescriptionSimple app for developers to display Accelerometer info and the frequency of Accelerometer events.
* Display Accelerometer event frequency
* Switch between NORMAL, UI, GAME and FASTEST
* Display device and accelerometer type
* Display accelerometer range and resolution
* Check for Screen off/Accelerometer bug
* Collect accelerometer info on website
The information you see is uploaded to a webpage when you exit the app and it was running for at least 5 seconds and the screen off/accelerometer bug was tested. See the results: http://accfreq.cochibo.com
The Screen off/Accelerometer bug is described in Anroid issues 3708 and 11028, see:
This app uses both a partial wakelock and the "re-register accelerometer events" workaround to assure only devices that really will not deliver accelerometer events when the screen is turned off register as having the bug.
For more on this issue, see:
If you have the bug and want to get rid of it, you can try installing a mod, like CyanogenMod. This works on many phones, but not all phones.