DescriptionMedical acronyms and abbreviations offer convenience but can be confusing and difficult to decode. That makes this dictionary, with thousands of acronyms and abbreviations from all medical specialties, a must-have reference.
Its alphabetical arrangement makes finding any abbreviation a snap, and a special section provides extensive coverage of symbols of all kinds. Abbreviations on the JCAHO "Do not use" list are clearly identified. This dictionary is ideal for medical transcriptionists, students, and health professionals at all stages of their careers.
The MSDict Dictionary Format
The Jablonski's Dictionary of Medical Acronyms and Abbreviations is here presented in MSDict electronic format. MSDict offers best experience in mobile reference and is available for any handheld platform.
* Quick dynamic search of words while you type
* Transcriptions facilitating pronunciation
* Hyperlinks between different related words
* History to see the last 50 words you have looked up
* Support for memory cards
* Filters to help you locate the word you are searching for:
o Fuzzy filter- used when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
o Keyword-used to locate the instances of a key word within other compound words
o Wild card - "?" and "*" replace a letter and group of letters in words
* Fast article scrolling
* Ability to have dictionary Word of the day as a widget on the phone home screen
* Ability to search words in the installed dictionaries through the standard phone search feature