DescriptionThousands of pro musicians agree that Fakebook is the perfect gig companion, and a real bargain at this price. Sure, you love your well-worn Real Book, dog-eared at all the right places, sharpie-corrected at all the wrong, stained with coffee and beer... Still, the Fakebook app gives you all the tunes you need. In the pocket. And it even looks like The Real Thing.
The Fakebook music reader comes preloaded with chord progressions for more than a thousand of the classic jazz standards from The Real Book ed 1,2,3,4,5... Instantly transpose the collection for Bb, Eb or F instruments, or transpose individual songs to suit the soloist or singer. Easily add and edit your own songs or import PDF, chord charts and lyrics from other formats (e.g. iReal Pro / iReal b, ChordPro or ABC notation). Include your precious original songbooks or paper-napkin fakesheets using the phone's camera, import stored photos or PDF books from the web. All charts and images can easily be shared using mail, Facebook, Bluetooth and more.
The always accessible search bar, the browser and the list editor provides instant access to all songs. Great on a jam or when taking requests! You can store and edit setlists, easily drag and drop songs to reorder, add and delete to create your own songbooks. When on stage, just swipe to the next chart or use a wireless foot pedal. Thanks to the new lyrics support Fakebook is ready for any gig.
Fakebook is the ultimate tool for practicing. The app includes more than 1500 Spotify links for the pre loaded Real Book jazz standards. Search Spotify and YouTube with a single click. Or use the built-in metronome, which remembers and synchronizes to the tempo you choose. The unobtrusive live metronome guides you also without sound.
Compared with other similar apps:
* Chord syntax, style, font and looks like the original Real Books.
* Supports lyrics! Imports ChordPro songs with both chords and lyrics.
* Import and add PDF, images, lyrics and other formats - from web, sdcard, phone camera.
* PDF batch import automates indexing and naming of common Real Book and Vocal Book documents.
* Adjust screen and font to suit the location, light or your eyes. Enlarge text up to 200% for easier sight-reading. Choose Real Book script, handwriting or an easy to read sans serif font.
* Rotate screen as you like. Landscape format gives great overview - both on phones and tabs.
* Extremely compact (the app including 1200 songs, thousands of links and integrated PDF viewer is about 2.5 MB).
* Local storage, no Internet access needed.
* Low requirements on resources, no strange permissions.
* Direct links to real performances on Spotify and YouTube.
* Flexible setlist management, drag and drop in playlists.
* AirTurn and PageFlip support for easy switching between songs.
* Live metronome.
For a nice comparison of music reader and tablature apps like Fakebook, iReal Pro, Gigbook, iGigbook, Unrealbook, Guitar tabs, ChordPad, forScore, Musicians apps, Googol Song Book, Setlist Helper, LinkeSoft Song Book, GuitarTapp Pro, Ultimate Guitar, Guitar Pro, GuitarTab Player, MobileSheets, Musicnotes and OnSong; have a look at http://goo.gl/9BeuW2. This table shows all the apps and their features.
Note that this app is in no way associated with iReal Pro / iReal b / iRealBook and does not require any other purchase. But Fakebook will import the same chord sequences as supported by the iReal Pro / iReal b / iRealBook app and editor, which means that there is a huge collection of free songs available for download and free utilities available for conversion from other formats.