DescriptionAKADÉMIAI KIADÓ English-Hungarian and Hungarian-English dictionary - bilingual dictionary from Hungary's largest and oldest publishing house that has been operating uninterrupted since 1828. It provides modern, up-to-date vocabulary based on modern lexicographical theory and practice.
Dictionary database is powered by Akadémiai Kiadó.
• English-Hungarian dictionary contains over 56,000 entries.
• Hungarian-English dictionary contains over 58,000 entries.
• English sound module contains over 51,000 pronunciations by native speakers.
What’s New: Easy copy-and-paste functions allow unknown words or phrases to be copied from an active application like the web browser or email to the clipboard, and automatically translated by switching back to the dictionary. Translate all clipboard contents – whether one word or several words at a time!
Search and translate Features
• NEW! Three new integrated input methods make dictionary use more convenient than ever. Search by voice using Google Voice recognition service (available for OS 2.2 and higher), take a picture of the text and translate it with Google Goggles, or enter the word in your own handwriting with Paragon’s PenReader handwriting recognition software.
• Look up unfamiliar words in dictionary directly from the home screen! The dictionary provides translations in a Quick Search Box alongside other search results.
• English Morphology module helps to translate words in any grammatical form.
• List of similar words is displayed in case of misspelling.
• Find the word even if you don’t know its exact spelling using Wildcard Search.
• English audio pronunciations recorded by native speakers.
• Integrate dictionary with the Flash Cards application and quiz yourself with words you have added from the dictionary.
• Test yourself with a Word of the day widget on your Home screen. A random entry from the dictionary is changed daily (Menu->Settings->Install widget)
• NEW! Manage Word of the day widget settings: select dictionary direction, font size and update period (manual or automatic).
• NEW! Enhanced customization options allow you to choose background color. Black, white and sepia themes are available (Menu -> Settings)
• NEW! Enlarge or reduce font size for your comfort (Menu -> Settings).
• NEW! Report bugs, request features and send feedback to Google Play or the Paragon development team quickly and conveniently with the new integrated support feature (Menu -> Information).
• Automatically switching translation directions using the language of the word entered.
• No Internet connection required.
About Akadémiai Kiadó
Akadémiai Kiadó is Hungary's largest and oldest publishing house that has been operating uninterrupted since 1828. Akadémiai Kiadó publishes Hungarian and foreign language journals, essential scholarly reference books, mono- and bilingual dictionaries, encyclopedias, language course books. Akadémiai Kiadó dictionaries provide modern, up-to-date vocabulary based on modern lexicographical theory and practice.
Since its founding, Paragon Software Group has provided premium software applications and unique technologies that allow users of every computing platform to be more productive, whether working at a desk or learning on the go with a tablet or smartphone. Paragon Software’s mobility product portfolio includes more than 350 electronic dictionaries, encyclopedias and phrase books in the widest combination of over 30 languages, with databases provided by the world’s leading publishing houses, such as Duden, Merriam-Webster, Oxford, PONS, Van Dale, VOX, and others.
tags: dictionaries, talking, paragon, prononciation audio, Hungary, UK, USA, England, Magyarország, magyar