DescriptionA free SEPTA app for android with real-time schedules, regional rail, live bus and trolley vehicle locations, and service advisories updated with push notifications.
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for support before leaving a negative review! Remember, I do this as a side project in my spare time.
Follow me on twitter: @staticfish
Current early features:
- All stops for each route and direction.
- Offline Regional Rail schedules
- Up-to-the-minute schedules directly from SEPTA HQ.
- Live vehicle tracker for certain bus and trolley routes with vector maps.
- Advisory, urgent, and detour SEPTA alerts for all routes.
- Push notifications for alerts. Get notified when a route advisory changes without any battery drain.
- Speedy, easy, interface.
- Bookmark your favourite stops.
- No ads. Ever.
Here's what I am working on right now:
- Offline bus schedules. Switch to offline schedules when the connection is poor or unavailable
- Displaying current location in vehicle tracking page.
- Better route shapes in the vehicle tracking page.
A note about "trip planning":
This is intended as a lightweight schedules app and not a trip-planner due to the feature needing very large "graph database" and lots of other development complexities. As such, it's highly probably that it'll never support end-to-end trip planning across routes. Sorry about that.
Explanation of the required android permissions:
ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE - To determines a valid internet connection
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - For eventual download of updated GTFS database data. Currently unused
INTERNET - For any network communications to retrieve schedules and vehicle locations.
VIBRATE - Push notification vibration on alert change.
WAKE_LOCK - Needed for Push notification service.
GET_ACCOUNTS - Needed for Push notification service.
ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION - Plot where you currently are
MAPS_RECEIVE - Vehicle tracking maps.
READ_GSERVICES - Needed for MapsV2.