DescriptionPGP Viewer requires PGP Universal Server from Symantec.
PGP Viewer extends access to encrypted email to Android mobile devices. It compliments an enterprise strategy for email encryption and provides mobile users with the ability to access their messages and attachments anywhere, even when offline. Users access their emails through the standard Android mail app, thus eliminating the need for alternative mail client software or access to the web to read messages.
By using encrypted email, organizations can ensure that no unauthorized users can access encrypted sensitive email on the device. It ensures that the information stays protected until it is decrypted, no matter where it goes, even if the device is lost or stolen.
- Decrypt messages encoded in the OpenPGP format
- Decrypt attachments, such as email attachments and PGP/MIME messages
- Verify digital signatures, to ensure that the message has not been tampered
- View messages to see the content
PGP Viewer is a part of the email encryption suite available from Symantec. The email encryption family includes options for desktop email (on Mac OSX and Microsoft Windows), gateway email encryption, and mobile devices (including iOS and Research In Motion BlackBerry).
Important Information Before Installing:
PGP Universal Server provides user administration and key management for enterprise deployments of this application.
Users must enroll with a PGP Universal Server for administrative services and to load credentials into the devices. This feature helps organizations stay in control of their Android device usage with their encrypted email environment and ensure that usage adhere to corporate policy.
This application does not support a standalone mode for key management, and will not work with self-generated keys.
In addition, organizations using end-to-end email encryption must have PGP Desktop Email from Symantec installed on their workstation in order to access encrypted messages on their primary computer.
Your email administrator will need to provide you with the details for one of the following methods in order to enroll with PGP Universal Server.
1) Auto Setup: In order to use Auto Setup, your email administrator must provide you with a configuration file via email. This file will allow you to complete the enrollment process without typing in most of the details.
2) Manual Setup: This process requires entering the hostname of the PGP Universal Server, along with your username and password. If your organization uses a proxy, this information is necessary as well.