Description== PLEASE NOTE: Application requires a current paid subscription to Nursing Central. ==
Nursing Central helps nurses and students find detailed information on diseases, tests, drugs, and procedures. The moment a question arises you can consult the automatically updating database of 5,000 drugs, find a definition in the dictionary with more than 65,000 entries, interpret hundreds of laboratory and diagnostic tests, and consult the latest disease information. You can also subscribe to your favorite nursing journals and search the entire MEDLINE/PubMed database directly from your mobile device.
Five great nursing applications combine to form Nursing Central:
DAVIS’S DRUG GUIDE
Refer to need-to-know information on dosing, contraindications, drug interactions, and patient education for more than 5,000 medications.
TABER’S MEDICAL DICTIONARY
Define over 65,000 medical terms and enhance learning with images, videos, and audio pronunciations. Define terms in-text with Glimpse™ technology.
DAVIS’S LABORATORY AND DIAGNOSTIC TESTS
Access rationale and results for tests as well as pretest requirements, intratest procedures, and post-test patient care.
DISEASES AND DISORDERS
Review complete coverage of more than 250 medical conditions.
MEDLINE Journals/MEDLINE Search
Connect to more than 22+ million MEDLINE/PubMed journal citations and abstracts on your mobile device. Stay up to date with your favorite medical journals, perform powerful searches, link directly to the publisher’s full text, and share articles via email or social media. Visually explore the literature using Grapherence™, a unique way to find related and relevant articles.
Nursing Central features:
• Trusted, up-to-date disease, drug, and test information
• Cross Links for fast navigation between resources
• Thousands of colorful images, figures, and videos
• Frequent updates and new editions when they’re published
• Access to 22+ million journal entries from MEDLINE/PubMed
• Universal Index Search to find topics quickly across all indexes
• ‘Favorites’ for bookmarking important entries
• Web access and updates for one year
How it Works
Current Nursing Central subscribers:
• Install the application on your mobile device.
• Open the application and enter your Nursing Central username and password, then tap “Login.”
• The latest Nursing Central content will download to your device over your wireless connection.
If you are a new user and are interested in learning more about Nursing Central, please visit the Unbound Medicine website.