DescriptionVMware Horizon Mail is a native Android collaboration application that allows you to access your email, calendar, contacts, tasks and files from any Android device. It supports any Microsoft ActiveSync compliant email server and also supports the VMware Zimbra Collaboration Suite (ZCS). With ZCS as the backend, Horizon Mail offers several additional ZCS-only features such as Briefcase, Saved Searches, and others that are not available in any of the Android email applications in the market today. Horizon Mail was tested with Microsoft Exchange 2003, 2007 and 2010 and Zimbra Collaboration Suite 6.x, 7.x and 8.x. It supports Android 2.x, 3.x and 4.x.
- Comprehensive capabilities for Email, Contacts, Calendar, Tasks.
- Best-in-market support for VMware Zimbra Collaboration Suite with features such as Briefcase, Saved Searches, etc.
- Create widgets to access email, contacts, calendar from home screen
- Support for ActiveSync policies such as PIN, etc.
- Support for certificate-based authentication and S/MIME for encrypted emails
- Conversation mode
- Local and server-based search
- Plus more...
- The open source distribution of Zimbra Collaboration Suite does not support ActiveSync and therefore is unsupported at this time
You can join the discussion forums at http://communities.vmware.com/community/vmtn/desktop/horizon_mail