DescriptionMacronos is the easiest way to get music playing on Sonos.
Control Sonos directly from the Google Play Music and Pandora apps using the Cast icon.
Press the Cast icon, select the MacronosCast device and choose a Sonos player (No setup required).
You can also configure shortcuts on the Home screen to play media of your choice.
To get started just open Macronos and press the plus icon in the title bar.
Select players, set volume, choose music and save the macro.
It will then be added to your Home screen as a shortcut.
* Stream Google Play Music and All Access to Sonos.
* Control Google Play Music playback directly from the Google Play Music app using the Cast icon.
* Control Pandora playback on Sonos directly from the Pandora Android app using the Cast icon.
* BeyondPod casting support.
* Stream music on Android to Sonos.
* Stream music from Dropbox to Sonos.
* Pause or fade-out Sonos players when you make or receive phone calls.
* Wi-Fi play - Starts playback when arriving home.
* NFC tag support. Start music with NFC tags.
* Podcast support. Plays latest or specific podcast on Sonos from RSS feed.
* 'Control' shortcut. From 'Control' you have access to the most common controls, existing macros and music. Hide players with parental control.
* Alarm feature to run a macro at a given time or repeating.
* Controls multiple households.
* Tasker, Locale, Llama (Locale plugin) integration for automated Sonos control.
Support for streaming Google Play Music and All Access to Sonos:
* Use the Cast icon in Google Play Music, select MacronosCast and choose Sonos player.
* Using the Cast icon you can play Google Play Music Radio directly to Sonos.
* In Google Play Music you can add All Access tracks to My Library or create a Playlist. Then they can be selected in a macro.
* This feature requires Google Play Music to be installed on the device. Google Play Music must update My Library and Playlists before Macronos can see new tracks.
* Also a good WiFi connection is required, as the music is streamed from Google through the Android device to Sonos.
Support for Pandora to Sonos:
* Requires that Pandora is added as a service in the Sonos Controller.
* Open the Android Pandora app and select the Cast icon next to the volume icon.
* Then select MacronosCast under "Connect to device" and select a Sonos player.
* Select group by touching the group icon at the top of the screen or by long-pressing the Group button on one of the players.
* Press the Menu button to access "Hide players". Press the Menu button 5 times to disable the "Hide players" menu option (Parental control).
* Access music or existing macros from the title bar.
* Long press the Next button to skip 30 seconds forward.
* Create "Sonos Favorites" with the music from your music services (Spotify, Rhapsody, MOG etc.) to be able to configure a macro to play it.
* Place the phone on the NFC tag just before pressing the Save button. Then press Save when "NFC tag detected" is displayed.
* For music services like Pandora, Songza, LastFM etc. you start the station and select it using the Now Playing menu when configuring a macro.
* When choosing Podcasts from the Music menu, select the menu on the right and choose "Use latest podcast". This will play the newest podcast from that feed.
* The macro shortcut icon indicates how many and what players were selected.
* Use the volume buttons on your phone or tablet to adjust the volume while the macro is executing ("Starting playback..." is showing).
* When adding or removing Sonos players from your home, please edit your macros, let it find all players and save it.
Questions or beta releases:
If you have questions or want beta releases of Macronos, join the following group and press "Testing opt-in":
Bugs or feature requests, e-mail: email@example.com