Descriptione-canalmapp Midlands is the definitive guide and map of the waterways of the English Midlands for boaters, ramblers and cyclists.
ONLY SUITABLE FOR COMPATIBLE ANDROID DEVICES: requires at least 60Mb of AVAILABLE internal (RAM) memory plus an additional minimum 1.4 GigaBytes of either internal memory or on external SD card. e-canalmapps operate 'off-line' and contain considerable amounts of valuable data, so PLEASE make sure your device is compliant before trying to download. DO NOT try to download using 3G – download requires a wifi connection since, once installed, on opening, the app will then download the maps which can take up to 30 minutes.
e-canalmapps provide an enormous amount of really useful, easy to access, information and make use of Smartphone GPS to show everything relative to where you are. The maps display thousands of continually updated points of interest (such as pubs, shops, vets, diesel, moorings, etc), as well as all the waterway information such as locks, bridges, turning points, etc. – the Midlands region has over 13,000 POIs. These are the essential towpath companions for boaters, ramblers, cyclists or anyone else enjoying the waterways
e-canalmapps consist of regional Apps, covering the whole of Great Britain. An essential feature of the Apps is that they are off-line, so there’s no interruption due to the poor Internet connection on the canals!
* Location-based, they can display your current GPS coordinates, heading and speed
* Comprehensive road network using OS OpenData™ maps
* Move around the map easily, zooming in/out to see more/less detail
* Handy distance measurer
* Search on thousands of regularly updated points of interest, displaying all or just one type:
- places to eat and drink
- shops, laundrettes and libraries
- doctors, vets and dentists
- towpaths, footpaths and moorings
- diesel, gas and pump-outs
- internet access points, bus stops, train stations
- museums, cinemas and attractions
.... and much, much more
WE VALUE YOUR FEEDBACK
Improvements are already in development and will be available as free upgrades as they are completed – however, please let us have your feedback and suggestions!
* Data updates free for one year
* Having GPS continuously running in the background can decrease battery life.
OTHER E-CANALMAPP REGIONS:
The South of England
The Grand Union-Oxford Canal Ring
The West of England
The East of England
The North West of England
The North East of England
The Welsh Canals
The Norfolk Broads
Scotland (for later in 2013)