Description*** NOTE: Google has terminated the Reader service so this app is no longer functional. A new version of this app is being created. If you wish to be notified, download the current version and you'll be given instructions as soon as you open the app.***
*** Join the discussion on www.reddit.com/r/FlowReader and help me improve the app! ***
Flow Reader gives you an easy way to be on par with your RSS/Google Reader feeds on the go. It was built to provide a minimalist and seamless experience for offline browsing, while delivering additional features not found in similar apps.
Some of the main features include:
- A sleek and fast user interface;
- Offline item content and state caching;
- Multiple simultaneous downloads for fast content synchronization;
- Content filters that automatically mark as read the items you're not interested in;
- Sort items by state (latest/unread/starred) or author;
- Smart algorithms that remove ads and other undesirable content from items;
- No ads.
v0.9.5a (25 Mar 2013):
- Bug fixes
v0.9.5 (22 Mar 2013):
- Added German translation;
- The subscription view now displays a small snippet of the article (if space is available);
- You can now browse the feeds while they are being downloaded;
- An encrypted connection is now used to connect to Google's servers;
- Other minor UI tweaks;
v0.9.4 (24 Feb 2013):
- Synchronization and network code completely rewritten. Synchronizing subscriptions is now a faster, lighter and more robust process;
- Changed synchronization method. By default, all unread items are now downloaded, plus a specified number of additional read and starred items;
- Fixed a design fault where where tags were always interpreted as labels;
- Reduced database and application size.
v0.9.3b (27 Jan 2013):
- Item downloading (and processing) is now faster and requires very little memory;
- Less storage space required (roughly ~33% less);
- Fixed a bug where missing favicons were always downloaded during an update;
- Improvements to article content cleanup;
- Minor UI improvements and bug fixes.
v0.9.3a (24 Jan 2013):
- Lots of bug fixes;
- Slightly reduced memory usage while downloading items.
- Initial synchronization is now a bit faster;
- Swiping between articles should now be smooth for devices with Android v4.1 and up.
v0.9.3 (20 Jan 2013):
- New feature: Dark UI theme;
- Fixed several bugs, including one that prevented the items from being stored correctly;
- Minor usability and UI improvements.
v0.9.2 (5 Jan 2013):
- Corrected some UI issues for low and high resolution devices.
- Minor improvements and bug fixes.
v0.9.1 (30 Dec 2012):
- Fixed a bug that prevented the feeds from being updated successfully.
- Implemented a crash report system.
v0.9 (29 Dec 2012):
- Beta initial release.