DescriptionAndroid Remote Media Center is a client for remotely controlling and viewing your windows 7 media center and other windows (xp, vista: limited functionality!) media via remote potato server (running on windows).
Works well over wifi, and much better than dlna over 3G, 4G and reportedly edge. Can easily slide forward/backward all kinds of videos.
Specifically it is able to
- Browse and search the EPG Grid (*)
- Browse and Schedule recordings (*)
- Browse channels and programs (*)
- Watch videos in various qualities (low up to HD (720P and 1080))
- Watch recorded tv up to HD (720P and 1080) quality
- Listen to music (with slider and shuffle)
- Browse hires pictures with multitouch
- Remote control (*)
- Live TV can be unlocked by an in-app purchase (*)
(*) supported only on windows 7 and 8 media center
Needs version 0.98.6 or higher of the Remote Potato Server.
3G, 4G or wifi is advised.
A player like diceplayer, vplayer, rockplayer lite, mx player or moboplayer (try with hard/soft decoding) is needed for video.
Supports honeycomb and ICS as well.
- Strongly adviced to NOT using any app while driving or during other dangerous activities.
- RMC streams media which can consume lots of bandwidth especially WHEN using high bitrates - be sure you have a good data plan before you start using 3G and 4G connections to stream your video.
The full version (http://goo.gl/YeklZ) has added features, like live TV and download capability of videos and recorded TV.
Please post bugs/comments at http://myfrem.nl/forum as I have no technical means to react via comments.
See http://myfrem.nl/faq.html for a FAQ.