What's your job and do you like it?

• Replies:28
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered

Aug 7, 2010 12:59:02 AM

android developer, thats cool. What's a good resource that would introduce someone to developing android apps?
Glad to hear you like your job.
Phil

Aug 7, 2010 6:49:57 AM

I sell phones (can really say where) but its an awesome job..you should check google app inventor if u want to make apps

— modified on Aug 7, 2010 6:52:31 AM

Aug 9, 2010 3:30:07 PM

khairo
my job is to study,study and study all day long... :-)

but my ambition is to become an aerospace engineer

I don't know if you have this site but I'll pass it along,

http://www.unitedspacealliance.com/

This is the hiring website for Nasa Kennedy Space center. This was given to me by a 10 year safety inspector for Nasa and it's focused of college grads.

Cheers,
Phil

Aug 10, 2010 12:14:27 PM

My job is everything Android. It's good work, it pays the bills, and it is usually very interesting. The best part are the projects. I like Android, I like technical stuff, so it fits my likes. Sometimes I feel like it absorbs me more than I want it to though.

— modified on Aug 11, 2010 10:53:23 AM

Aug 13, 2010 3:40:53 AM

I mostly go to accounts like bars or clubs and talk to the employees and customers. then I use a program specially designed for my Droid to send an order to my warehouse. Funny how even this story involved my moto droid.

Aug 14, 2010 7:39:09 PM

Im a computer and laser printer repair technician. Yes i love fixing computer equipment but because printers are so cheap now i cant earn enough money.

Aug 15, 2010 4:39:11 AM

At one time I was a computer repair technician too. But now I'm a CNC machinist. It's interesting work sometimes and pays the bills, but what I really love is game programming. I'm trying to get going making android games in my spare time.

Aug 15, 2010 3:50:18 PM

anyway, i used to work as 'flyers distributor' during past school holidays.. i had to distrubute 2000 flyers and my pay was just about 1sgd per 100 copies.. i couldnt finish distributing all of it, afraid of being scolded, i purposely gave each person 2-3 pieces! even worst,i threw away all the remainings !! hahaha!

peace out there !

Aug 16, 2010 12:13:54 PM

Jeremiah McLeod
At one time I was a computer repair technician too. But now I'm a CNC machinist. It's interesting work sometimes and pays the bills, but what I really love is game programming. I'm trying to get going making android games in my spare time.

I saw a story on the BBC (i think it was), about a guy in the US who gave up his day job to develop apps for the iTunes market. He advertised his services as an app developers, offering to make an app for people that had a good idea, but couldn't program it themselves. I think he took a percentage or something like that from every sale. It was interesting to watch. I looked for it but couldn't find it =/

Aug 17, 2010 7:30:40 AM

Douglas Carter
Jeremiah McLeod

I saw a story on the BBC (i think it was), about a guy in the US who gave up his day job to develop apps for the iTunes market. He advertised his services as an app developers, offering to make an app for people that had a good idea, but couldn't program it themselves. I think he took a percentage or something like that from every sale. It was interesting to watch. I looked for it but couldn't find it =/

Thats pretty cool, I can't quit my job right now. But who knows what will happen :)