Motorola xoom or ipad 2?

• Replies:4
Ryan Erickson
  • Forum posts: 93

Mar 15, 2011, 2:24:46 AM via App

I am in the market for a new tablet. I would love input from all of you as to what I should buy!

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Mar 15, 2011, 4:29:59 AM via Website

I don't own one yet either. But the xoom and galaxy tab are too pricey for me. I wouldn't even consider an ipad. Something that has caught my attention has been the nook color, which I've heard you can root and put an android 2.3 mod on it. It's less than $250 and has decent hardware.

Ryan Erickson

Mar 15, 2011, 1:20:45 PM via App

Yesterday I ordered the 64 gig white ipad. I took one main thing under consideration, applications. I want a healthy community of applications. Apple has over 65000 dedicated ipad applications while android only has 100 dedicated tablet applications. That to me was a deal breaker.

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Mar 15, 2011, 5:17:12 PM via Website

I can see what you mean about wanting lots of supported apps. However, based on what I heard last, there were still lots of just "stretched" apps that were available for the iPad. Are you sure about that figure of yours?

Ryan Erickson

Mar 15, 2011, 5:25:00 PM via App

That is what steve job claimed at his key note for the ipad2 and those were not stretched they were designed specificly for the ipad. That was his big knock on android there lack of dedicated tablet applications.