Welcome to the new HTC ChaCha forum!

• Replies:192
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered

Jan 23, 2012 6:12:36 PM

Hi,

i have my htc chacha for a couple of months now.
and i always wanted to have wifi at home, or at school so i didn't have to pay so much.
well the problem is, that my phone connects perfectly to my router and stuff, and you can see the wifi symbol in the bar,
but when i go to the internet, or android market, it doesn't work.
(and my brothers' phones work perfectly with wifi, so it isn't the router's fault)

do you have any solution for this?
please help me.

Jan 25, 2012 4:13:22 AM

I've been using Juice Defender,Easy Battery Saver by Dev Team, and Battery XL..
but.all of them seemed not fulfill my satisfaction in making my battery lifetime last longer...
for your information..i'm a heavy user.i always go online wtih my chacha.
i still need to recharge my battery once a day even i'm using all those apps..
so..what is the best battery saver for a heavy user like me??

Jan 25, 2012 9:56:14 AM

Hi there Asyraf,

It could be there is some app working in the background that is using your precious memory. Also, if you have any live wallpaper installed, these are prime offenders as they use TONS of battery juice to work in the background of your homescreen. Other ways to save battery include putting the phone in airplane mode when not in use and reducing the number of times a day data is pushed to apps like GMail.

Hope that helps,
s

Jan 27, 2012 9:54:06 AM

Steven Blum
Hi there Asyraf,

It could be there is some app working in the background that is using your precious memory. Also, if you have any live wallpaper installed, these are prime offenders as they use TONS of battery juice to work in the background of your homescreen. Other ways to save battery include putting the phone in airplane mode when not in use and reducing the number of times a day data is pushed to apps like GMail.

Hope that helps,
s

i would like to ask another questions to you.
1-can i remove default apps such as htc peep,plurk,news and weather?...because i think they are not useful for me as i only use them once a month,i think.
2-what will happen if i enabled airplane mode.can i recieve calls and messages from my friends?
3-htc chacha has only 800mhz processor power.can i upgrade it in order to make my phone works smoothly?
4-is htc chacha upgradable to the latest android ice cream sandwich?or maybe it's just rumour.

Thanks a lot,dude! you really help me.

— modified on Jan 27, 2012 9:54:37 AM

Jan 28, 2012 9:16:44 PM

hello there, i'd just like to know how to update software to get rid of the exclamation mark in the top left of my screen, its really annoying me but i dont want to reset my phone, could you please help me?:( x

Jan 29, 2012 12:55:23 PM

Ive had my htc since christmas and ive had few problems of which ive sorted out but one i cant. When i click on my messages it doesnt show the name of the person but only the number, ive take the battery and sim out numerous times ans unsynced facebook but it still hasnt fixed it. Help? :)

Jan 29, 2012 1:02:44 PM

andrew bell
Hello, my name is andrew, and my phone has had this problem 3 times and as I've already seen I'm not the only one whis this problem. So, when I've been wirting messages and I press the "S" key it sends me to messages, or to drafts when I have drafts. The first two times I just switched the phone back on and it worked, but now it doesn't want to work. I've tried clearing the Touch Input app data but it doesn't change anything. Please help I really need my phone.

Excepet for this little problem I recommend this phone, perfect for people who like QWERTY phones.

Andrew.

I had this same problem fix it by ---->
1) settings
2) applications
3) quick launch
4) unclick any of the shortcuts you dont want on
Simples :D

Jan 30, 2012 4:27:59 PM

Hello, i have a problem during calls, my screen wakes up, and i pres with my ear, End call, or Hold, is there any way to auto lock screen durin calls? except pressing the lock button?

Feb 2, 2012 11:38:09 AM

Guys, so I have the ChaCha and it was working great until today.
I was texting and for some reason, whenever I pressed "s" it jumped to the inbox, pressing "b" took me to the internet and "g" went to the e-mail sync. I have no idea what to do. Can someone help me?

thanks in advance

Feb 3, 2012 6:25:04 PM

Hi! So today I got myself the HTC Chacha, I turned it on and selected all settings. I connected to my data network, downloaded a couple of apps perfectly fine, but now, even though im connected to the 3g network, facebook or internet wont load. It did work fine 2 hours ago but ever since its just loading and loading... Help please! ive tried turning it off and on etc

Feb 8, 2012 10:37:56 AM

Hello,

I bought the HTC ChaCHa in July 2011 and am very satisfied with it.
However from time to time the Facebook-widget under the clock isn't updating itself. It's says: "No recent updates".
And when I remove my Facebook account and add it again it works again (but this doesn't work everytime).

Is there a reason why this keeps happening? And what can I do to stop this?

Hope to hear from you :)
I live in the Netherlands by the way

Feb 8, 2012 12:10:58 PM

stu hathaway
My htc chacha will connects to some wifi but when I use my home wifi it connects then diconnects my laptop and wii use it and have no problem any idea

Hmm..it could be that if you have setup a static IP on your phone and laptop, that you accidentally assigned them the same IP. Go into your laptop and change the last number of the static IP to a different one other than your phone and see if that helps.

Feb 8, 2012 12:48:12 PM

Eric McBride
Weird...I think that sounds more like a Facebook issue, and not with your phone. Have you checked that your sync settings include facebook?

Is it really a Facebook issue? Do more people have this problem? The sync setting do include Facebook. The thing is when I touch the Facebook widget it is updating. The updates are only not showing under the clock ::wacko: