Welcome to the new HTC ChaCha forum!

• Replies:195
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered

Jun 26, 2011 5:48:15 AM via Website

Hello! It is a great phone, very nice, but...from where i can iluminate the keypad? Is it an option somewhere or my cha cha have a problem?
Thank you very much!

Jul 10, 2011 2:35:50 PM via Website

Hi, just wondered if you could help me. i bought my htc cha cha on thursday and the setup went fine and i've been using it with no problems. however, on the friday a small blue square with an exclamation mark inside popped up on my home screen and i cant seem to get rid of it. would you be able to tell me what this is and how i can get rid of it?

Jul 10, 2011 4:25:49 PM via Website

Hi there!

Does it happen when you're typing the "sym" or 0 key? This error has been documented by other HTC ChaCha users as well.

Definitely looks like a bug. Try updating your phone to the most current version of the software. If it doesn't go away, I'd recommend a hard reset.

Jul 20, 2011 8:57:25 PM via Website

Steven Blum
We hope this forum becomes filled with great questions and helpful answers!

Hi

I am really pleased with my new Cha Cha and i am slowly but surely getting to know all it's features. However, I have recently made a website and I can successfully get the website on my cha cha but the images are missing. I get the website up on my husband's (somewhat inferior) iphone and the images appear! I have checked settings and the 'show images' box is ticked. Other websites i search on my cha cha have images but not this one site. Any ideas?

I tried to fill in your form about technical details of the phone but it wasn't listed:)

Thanks

Jul 29, 2011 3:12:04 AM via Website

Hi,

I really need help. I bought my Chacha on 26th July 2011 and my phone have a problem oredy. Just 1 problem only.
My end call button not functioning. I can call and answer calls but I cant end the calls.

What should i do? send back the Chacha to replace a new 1 or there is a bugs that need to update?

From,
Thomas

Jul 29, 2011 8:58:22 AM via Website

Yes nothing happen. I try press the end button to end a call but nothing happen. I always end my called by slide down from above the screen and press the red colur phone icon to end the call. My provider say that they won't change a new phone to me but will take to service.

I want to know if this is software problem or the phone problem?
If it is a software problem i can wait for the update. I try to search this problem in the internet but nothing show up.

Jul 29, 2011 7:21:18 PM via Website

hi,
I've just bought the chacha for my daughter, she loves it!
Unfortunatly she's used 300mb's of her 500 allowance in ten days. She claims she's not been up or down loading anything except a few apps at home which should have used the house wireless connection.
Does the chacha automatically use wireless rather than 3g?
How can she turn 3g off?
Is the phone always connected to face book?
And can anybody explain the very high useage?
Any help could avert a potential grounding and confiscation situation!!
Thanks
Trevor

Aug 1, 2011 10:20:59 AM via Website

Hi Trevor,

Sounds like your daughter's in a bit of a pickle...hope I can help. :grin:

You can teach her to turn the mobile network off. It's quite simple...all you have to do is press at the top bar on the screen and drag down, then un-click Mobile Network. Make sure this is always un-clicked to cut down on the amount of data used.

What might account for the high usage is the fact that ChaCha is always connected to Facebook and Facebook chat, unless you turn off Mobile Network.

To see which apps are sucking up all her data, you can have your install an app like 3G Watchdog or Netcounter

Also, here's the entire user manual for the HTC ChaCha.

Cheers,

steven

— modified on Aug 1, 2011 10:22:07 AM

Aug 3, 2011 4:39:47 AM via Website

Thomas Tan
Yes nothing happen. I try press the end button to end a call but nothing happen. I always end my called by slide down from above the screen and press the red colur phone icon to end the call. My provider say that they won't change a new phone to me but will take to service.

I want to know if this is software problem or the phone problem?
If it is a software problem i can wait for the update. I try to search this problem in the internet but nothing show up.

Just bought my chacha yesterday and I'm having the same problem. The red button just doesn't end a call. It's irritating for an otherwise very nice phone. Did anyone find out what the real problem is and what is the fix?

Aug 3, 2011 2:05:05 PM via Website

in the top left hand coner of my htc chacha there is a blue box with a exclamation mark in it . I dont know what it means and dont know how to get rid of it can anyone help ?:)

Aug 3, 2011 5:41:07 PM via Website

Hi Steve,

I did a reset to factory default and now it works. Although I have to hold the button down for about 0.5s for it to take effect. I'm happy with my phone now. Thanks.

T K