How can i learn android app development?

• Replies:38
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered

Jul 10, 2011 9:19:45 PM via Website

hi everyone i am new to this forum and the reason i joined in is because i want to learn android app development and i was wondering if anyone could suggest me any books or anything. i dont have any programming experience, i know little bit of java, only basics. any suggestions will be appreciated. thanks.

Jul 11, 2011 5:08:11 AM via Website

What type of apps are you wanting to make? Game development is a little different from app development. There's lots of resources on the net you can look into. One of the sites I recommend is www.anddev.org. Also you may want to give the google app inventor tool a try: http://appinventor.googlelabs.com/about/

— modified on Jul 11, 2011 5:08:33 AM

Jul 11, 2011 6:15:20 PM via Website

to be honest i dont want game development. i am looking for something simple for now and then i can move up slowly. i want a book or something which will teach me from basics. my im is to start making money from freelance. so thats why i want to learn app development.

Jul 12, 2011 1:23:15 AM via Website

I would get a good book on java and a beginners book on android mobile development. I haven't read any java books in years, so I can't suggest a specific one to get. You could take a programming class at a local community college to get some interactive training on the basics.

— modified on Jul 12, 2011 1:25:40 AM

Nov 29, 2011 11:08:22 AM via Website

If you want to know how to develop applications for Android, go http://developer.android.com/resources/index.html that will help you learn about Android and develop mobile applications for the platform. An early look at the the Android SDK is also available. It includes sample projects with source code, development tools, an emulator, and of course all the libraries you'll need to build an Android application.

Download the SDK

To start learning about the Android platform, please read the documentation in the following order:

What is Android? - An overview of the Android platform
Getting Started - All the basics, including Hello World
Developing Applications - The nuts and bolts of Android applications
Developer Toolbox - In-depth information on specific topics
Reference Information - A myriad of reference material
Sample Code - Several sample Android applications for your viewing pleasure
Frequently Asked Questions - Common issues and questions

android application development | android game development

Sep 25, 2012 1:05:32 PM via Website

There are many resource, the fast-growing popularity of Android smart phones and tablets creates a huge opportunities for developers. If you're an experienced developer, you can start creating robust mobile Android apps right away with this professional guide to Android 4 app development. Best of Luck!!!

Sep 25, 2012 1:23:07 PM via Website

I'd screw all that Java learning (for Android) or even Objective-C (for iOS).

You can save a LOT of time when you use one of the cross compilers out there.

Personally I use Monkey: http://www.monkeycoder.co.nz

You code once and deploy for HTML5, Android, iOS, Flash, XNA (Windows Phone 7), Windows exe, Mac executable, ...

Dec 26, 2012 8:10:25 AM via Website

Android is a mobile operating system developed by Google and based on the Linux platform.With the development trend of mobile application programming, Android programming has brought new winds in the IT industry.
if you want learn android app developer you should star with video, because video will help you clear, help you understand fastest.
You can watch at: bestcoursehub.com

— modified on Dec 26, 2012 8:11:17 AM

Jan 13, 2013 11:19:15 AM via Website

I would recommend libgdx. It is mainly focused on games, but also you can do applications. I think libgdx is way easier to start than native android development.

Jan 24, 2013 8:52:34 AM via Website

Hello,
I am android developer,according to me you need to join good software house as a internee.You can learn more under supervision of your senior.

Feb 28, 2013 1:01:14 PM via Website

David
hi everyone i am new to this forum and the reason i joined in is because i want to learn android app development and i was wondering if anyone could suggest me any books or anything. i dont have any programming experience, i know little bit of java, only basics. any suggestions will be appreciated. thanks.

Hi david,
Just check this website url with top books for android app development learning mobiledevices.about.com/od/reviewsandmore/tp/Top-5-Books-On-Android-App-Development.htm . Hope it may help you.

Mar 8, 2013 3:12:29 PM via Website

I havent read the whole thread, so maybe your question is already answered. but I can suggest "Beginning Android 4" from Apress. Maybe it would be not so bad to read Head First Java and Head First Design Patterns first. If you are going to make games, add Beginning Android Games, also Apress (Mario Zechner, founder of LibGDX) to the reading list.

Good luck

Mar 11, 2013 7:54:36 AM via Website

Hey David
Check out the link to know what you need for developing mobile applications.
techieworld.edublogs.org/2013/03/07/how-to-start-up-with-mobile-application-development/

I am Daniel Jones, Working with Kiwitech as app developer. I enjoy exploring apps on various mobile platforms.

Mar 11, 2013 10:16:47 AM via Website

want to develop any android applications?know more about our android developers.
omate,we have developed more applications succesfully.
more tips on hiring android application developer.