How can i learn android app development?

• Replies:37
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered

Oct 31, 2013 10:56:40 PM

I found perfect site for creating apps...Yesterday I ended up on some site called apps-machine.com . I have to share it with you guys. I started creating my own app and after 15 minutes clicking on their control panel(no programming,just clicks) I made app in what user could make effects on their photos,paint photos,play music,play videos,have notepad,chat and stream music. They got literally 1000's of features on their control panel :D I think this could be a gold mine :P :P And I read something that they have free app development and so on. Aaand you can change everything all the backgrounds,colors,tabs...and you instantly see it on that same page through their simulator..don't know how they managed to do that but it is super handy...I am super excited at the moment..time to get some apps on apple and play store :D :D

Nov 2, 2013 8:09:16 PM

Michael Wagner
I havent read the whole thread, so maybe your question is already answered. but I can suggest "Beginning Android 4" from Apress. Maybe it would be not so bad to read Head First Java and Head First Design Patterns first. If you are going to make games, add Beginning Android Games, also Apress (Mario Zechner, founder of LibGDX) to the reading list.

Good luck

thanks... I had a same question... but after reading from the links provided by the users in this thread, I have some idea from where to start it.

Nov 6, 2013 5:29:51 AM

All I did was buy a book on Android Game development called " Beginning Android Games". It should be available on Amazon.
This teaches you exactly how to set up the framework and organize a game, after that you just have to come up with the logic for your specific game and write it. I basically learned Java by doing, I learned new things as as I needed them. Worked pretty well for me.

Deactivated Account

Nov 7, 2013 10:29:31 AM

New Toronto Group
Hello,

If you are interested, New Toronto Group offers online courses to master the fundamentals of Android app development.

newyyz.com/ntgsite/training/find_a_course/

I also learn Android development from this line courses.

Deactivated Account

Nov 18, 2013 10:05:18 AM

Hi,

There are several pages available on google, where you can learn how to develop android app.
You can try WikiHow.

Nov 18, 2013 12:23:36 PM

Hi,

For learning Android you need to have an understanding of OOPs concepts in Java. You can go through Core Java for that.
Then you can join online courses at sites like WIZIQ.com & do the course for the same. They give online instructor led classes for the course.
You can visit Wiziq.com for a Professional course in Android App Development.

Nov 18, 2013 3:23:04 PM

David
the reason i joined in is because i want to learn android app development

Hi David,
I wrote a very simple Android development tutorial last week that should be published today. Stay tuned at the news section of AndroidPIT.
If our readers like the article, I'll continue writing some tutorials. I'm sure you will learn something from them.

In the beginning, your main resource for learning Android is this:
http://developer.android.com/training/index.html

Nov 25, 2013 1:24:56 PM

If you to be a android developer then first you should read core java and then go to advanced. For this you should join you nearest android development organization as an intern.

Mar 13, 2014 2:46:26 AM

If you are still looking to learn android I created a video/book based course at www.udemy.com/android-development-with-java-essentials/
Step-by-step instructions for a beginner and you create several apps throughout course. Hope this helps.

Mar 14, 2014 5:03:18 PM

David
hi everyone i am new to this forum and the reason i joined in is because i want to learn android app development and i was wondering if anyone could suggest me any books or anything. i dont have any programming experience, i know little bit of java, only basics. any suggestions will be appreciated. thanks.

I also wanna learn apps development. anybody here? Who can help me?

Mar 19, 2014 9:38:18 PM

Hi...app development is huge.....I know that anyone can learn, but the commitment must be there. That being said I have found EasyAppCreation to be helpful.....a good tutorial that takes the novice from beginning to sold.

Mar 28, 2014 3:06:04 PM

The important things that you start with the basics. Watch tutorials of how Eclipse works (if you want to develop in Eclipse). Then begin with layouts and basic objects like Button, TextView and EditText. Play with placing objects in the layouts, aligning them. Get to know how RelativeLayout is different from LinearLayout. Do not use any libraries like facebook, google play services or actionbarsherlock until you get familiar the native android objects. There are plenty of tutorials out there. E.g. *admin edit: links are forbidden* was made especially for beginners. I use that a lot.

— modified on Mar 28, 2014 3:15:26 PM by moderator

Mar 28, 2014 4:13:05 PM

I would say learn windows 8 app development.
There are very few win8 app developers. Microsoft need developers. You will find competition in android and almost many apps are already in Google Play.
Windows 8 gonna be the future.
For android, developer.android.com is the best site. If you stuck somewhere stackoverflow.com or vogella will always help you :).

Apr 8, 2014 11:55:23 PM

Don't be afraid to use Stack Overflow. If you encounter a problem or need help, it's likely someone else has already figured it out. Don't be a copy-paste coder, but there's no need to invent the wheel (and you need a lot of wheels in Android dev).

Best of luck!