WiFi Stinks!

• Replies:3
Android Addict
  • Forum posts: 111

Aug 9, 2011, 4:13:03 PM via Website

Have had so many problems with WiFi I can't even begin....

I can get marginally good reception at home but Charge won't recognize WiFi at my favorite coffee shop. Laptop shows excellent signal strength in both of these locations. I downloaded WiFi analyzer but no help there. Should I bring this unit back to Verizon or am I missing something here?

Charles Sinclair
  • Forum posts: 2

Aug 10, 2011, 5:48:47 AM via Website

I was in a Starbuck's today and while it showed a connection, my email wouldn't download. It did once I turned off the wireless connection and used the 4G. Meanwhile, I had my old iPhone3GS with me (I just switched from ATT to Verizon last week, and to a droid on the enthusiastic recommendation of several BestBuy salespeople), and It connected to the wireless just fine and downloaded my email numerous times (I was there working for almost two hours). Very frustrating! At home it seems to connect OK throughout my house, but it shows fewer bars when I am not in the same room as the router. Which is not the case with my iPhone.

Sasha Li
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 17, 2012, 5:48:46 AM via Website

I had the same problem. Verizon and Samsung both failed me. Finally I paid $80 to Comcast Tech Support and they fixed it in 10 mins. But for my friend . . . here's how to fix it for free.
Go to:
Settings
Wireless Networks
Wi-Fi Settings
Scroll down to Advanced
Tap on Proxy
Is there anything written in there? If so erase it.
Now just turn on your wireless and play.

Hope that helped,

Sasha

leghold
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 12, 2013, 2:07:23 PM via Website

Thanks. problem solved!