My phone has been hacked?

• Replies:4
elle boyd
  • Forum posts: 1

Apr 24, 2012, 5:34:45 PM via Website

Tried to text a friend and the phone number would not come up with the name, then later did? Never had that problem before. Droid acting strange lately. Have heard of programs that can be downloaded to cell phones to listen to your conversations, track you, etc. Can someone do that even if they get your phone but I have a lock pattern on it? How do I secure my Droid ! I don't want to get rid of it.
Thanks

Amanda Clark
  • Forum posts: 51

Apr 24, 2012, 6:05:14 PM via Website

Hi,

It doesn't sound like your device has been compromised, it could just be a software glitch. But if you want to secure your phone, we'd recommend an app called "Cerebrus".

Have a look and tell us what you think, hope it helps!

— modified on Apr 24, 2012, 6:05:49 PM

Andreas V.
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 7,352

Apr 24, 2012, 6:37:07 PM via Website

Hi Elle,

sometimes the names show a little bit later. That's absolutely normal, if the phone gets older.

Cerberus isn't an antivirus or malware Tool. Take a closer look at Lookout mobile security, but bei aware that almost no Tool is working really acurate. Always use your brain and don't install apps from other sources than the Play Store or AndroidPIT App Center :lol:

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Apr 25, 2012, 3:49:54 PM via Website

Käpt'n Andreas V.
Hi Elle,

sometimes the names show a little bit later. That's absolutely normal, if the phone gets older.

Cerberus isn't an antivirus or malware Tool. Take a closer look at Lookout mobile security, but bei aware that almost no Tool is working really acurate. Always use your brain and don't install apps from other sources than the Play Store or AndroidPIT App Center :lol:

Good advice Kaptn :-D

mary
  • Forum posts: 3

Sep 4, 2014, 4:45:52 AM via App

I am concerned my fone may have been hacked. In hindsight..I had about 8 calls from a prison /jail asking for me to accept call and reload financial account !!! A couple weeks later...one of my gmail accounts password has been changed. I am not as educated as I would like to be about cell phones! So how can you tell if you have been hacked vs someone just putting in the wrong cell fone number ? THANKS FOR ALL REPLYS !! : )*