Noot Play (by SK Telecom)

• Replies:3
James Y.
  • Forum posts: 6

Jul 6, 2013, 6:56:19 AM via Website

A popular app in Seoul right now is Noot: here is the site: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sktlte.t.main.nootplay#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDIxMiwiY29tLnNrdGx0ZS50Lm1haW4ubm9vdHBsYXkiXQ..
which allows subscribers to gain data usage by shaking their phones. Think kinetic energy being used to power your phone, but instead of electricity, your data usage limits get increased. I see young students who are always on their phones constantly shaking their phones on the buses and subways.
Pretty innovative if you ask me - expensing your own energy to create more (or at least in this case - data). I believe a lot more apps like these will be on the market. I remember hearing about one where you can shake you phone for a period of time to gain points in order to purchase coupons.

I think Noot is only available in Korea, but wondering if there are any other Android apps out there that are similar. The more I'm exploring and discovering the Android apps in Korea, the more amazed I get.

Kevin Kim
  • Forum posts: 13

Jul 6, 2013, 2:06:25 PM via Website

if this actually works....amazing!! Will check it out. I am going to Seoul in September. Thanks!

kusakov
  • Forum posts: 23

Jul 24, 2013, 1:19:34 PM via Website

ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or Dan
  • Forum posts: 12

Jan 22, 2014, 4:39:13 PM via Website

why in chinese?