Which Messenger do you use?

• Replies:42
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered

Nov 7, 2013 10:40:45 AM

I have yet to meet a person in my network that uses whatsapp for messages. A few uses Viber or skype but most uses hangout or facebook messenger though SMS is still the preferred messaging type around here.
Personally I prefer Hangout.

Nov 7, 2013 10:47:49 AM

Yes, Hangouts is definitely growing! Though I find it odd that not many people you know use WhatsApp considering how popular it is. True, it isn't the best messenging service but it is simple enough for users of all difficulty levels and ages to use.
I installed the Google Experience Launcher on my Galaxy S3 a few days ago when it came out and I have to say that I really like having my SMS and hangout messages in one spot. Sure the launcher doesn't really replicate the real deal in every way (Google Voice doesn't work), but this part works for sure!

Nov 7, 2013 12:38:26 PM

I believe that it is mainly related to where you live in the world. Here in Denmark (Northern Europe) I rarely meet people that even know of Whatapp (they might know it but never use it). On the other hand SMS and MMS is usually free with most mobile plans so we have always just used to using that (bare in mind that we used to be the number one country in the world sending more SMSs pr capita than any other country out there).
Facebook have become very popular around here and hence the FB messenger have been the chat most teens and tweens use.

At the moment I am teaching all my iSheep friends to install hangout so they can chat/call/videochat with the rest of us out here.

Mar 12, 2014 12:29:07 PM

This is an interesting question right now, just for the fact that WhatsApp is losing tons of users because they were bought by Facebook.

Users are now more inclined to use apps that they feel or know will better protect their private data.

Here are some of those apps:

• Telegram
  • Surespot
  • Kontalk
  • Threema