What's better: having a micro SD slot or using Cloud services?

• Replies:29
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered

Oct 23, 2013 8:56:21 PM via Website

Well, I have 25 gigs of music and can't trust my limited data plan (plus poor connectivity sometimes) to stream all my tunes from the cloud. I have a 32 gb micro SD card that holds it all. Plus, isn't expandable memory one of the major benefits to an Android device?

--I do a good impression of myself--

May 18, 2014 10:29:23 PM via Website

yes to which do we go. The argument for both is strong, to that end decide for your self. I prefer micro sd. Why because I live in Northumberland. G3?.

May 19, 2014 10:25:02 AM via Website

I think that this is a really good current issue that many should consider when buying a new smartphone...this conversation got lots of people commenting on our Google+ page. One guy even said:

Micro sd. Cloud storage is insecure, and the NSA has access, whereas a
micro sd can't be looked into by anybody. Physical control of private
data beats a remote server any day!

While someone else said

Both have advantages, but have to have 64gb min sdcard in daily driver
phone

I think the reason Google did this is to promote their own cloud services, like Google Drive. Their official comment on this was that microSD cards are too complicated for most users!! Can you believe that?

May 19, 2014 11:00:59 AM via Website

Well, for me it will always be using the cloud services because I can trust on SD card sometimes SD card gets corrupted and if you haven't backup your data its lost. I will not trust with SD card rather than I will trust on the cloud services for backing up my data.

John,
Rapidsoft Technologies
Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

May 19, 2014 11:45:51 AM via Website

WTF Really?
Oh my goodness, the only way that's too complicated is that whole "Emulated SDcard" thing for the internal storage from google and the fact that you cannot set a standard storage (e.g. whether it DLs to int. storage or mSD)

MFG/Regards My1