Smoking Apps: do they really help?

• Replies:3
Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Oct 4, 2013, 4:25:59 PM via Website

Thankfully I'm not a smoker, but many of my friends are, as it seems more accepted here in Germany to smoke as it is in Canada, where everyone is shunned to 10 meters aways from any public place or store entrance. And believe me, smoking outside in minus 30 degrees weather is not fun!

That is where I started thinking about smoking apps, that help you quit smoking? Do you know of any good ones that I can recommend to my friends who seems to be smoking their lives away, one puff at a time? It really is shame.

The apps I know are:
Stop Smoking
StopSmoking
SmokeLess!
Quit Smoking

Smokers of the Android world, would these help you put out your cigarette?

— modified on Oct 4, 2013, 4:53:37 PM

Amy R.
  • Forum posts: 238

Oct 4, 2013, 4:50:18 PM via App

Nope...........

Stop cold turkey then isolate youself from everyone who will remind you about smoking, not smoking, talking about the idea of smoking, etc. Haven't actually tried it yet, but I believe this would bear more promising results. After I hide in a box and cut myself off from society for a couple months, I'll let know how it goes. Haha :)

"You're Probably Wondering Why I'm Here & So Am I" - FZ

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Oct 7, 2013, 4:19:23 PM via Website

I think an app with a smoke detector could work, so when you light up it annoys you with endless bad smoking facts and complaints about smoking. I used to always harp on at my friend about how he said he wanted to quit and how unfit he was and so on, when he would smoke (after he said he wanted to quit). I figured I'd hammer him with negative reinforcement (like rubbing a puppy's nose in it for peeing on the carpet) so he'd avoid smoking because he didn't want to hear the lecture from me. He did quit (for a year, anyway) and I'm totally claiming the victory as my own. So developers, get cracking!

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Amy R.
  • Forum posts: 238

Oct 7, 2013, 5:02:18 PM via App

Hmm, this thread is only making me want to light one up............................

"You're Probably Wondering Why I'm Here & So Am I" - FZ