Google Nexus 5 — The Nexus 5 has arrived!

• Replies:2
Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Nov 1, 2013, 3:04:35 PM via Website

FINALLY! :grin:The Nexus 5 has arrived. We saw the next best smartphone presented by Google yesterday, right on Halloween, bringing along with the KitKat operating system we had also been hoping to get in our bag of goodies this year. The device, made by LG like the Nexus 4, has a great new design (no more glitter) and looks a lot sleeker. And it's got a powerful punch worth of tech specs with a quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor from Qualcomm, 2 GB RAM, an 8MP camera with optical image stabilization and more!

Check out the Nexus 5 hardware page for complete specs and details.

Are you planning on buying the device once it refills in stock around the world? It sold it sooo quickly now you have to wait a few weeks before being able to buy it yourself. It took 33 minutes for the 16 GB version to be sold out in the USA and 27 minutes for 30 thousand in Canada.

Which color would you get? Would you get the whole black version or would you get the black AND white version?

Do you think this is the best smartphone on the market right now? Hit us up with your opinions! :P

Stephen Allen

Stephen Allen
  • Forum posts: 7

Nov 21, 2013, 1:40:51 PM via Website

Yup want to get this and upgrade from NeXus 4 - gonna wait awhile though until the 2nd generation hardware is out. Hopefully there might be a price drop as well. One can never be too thrifty. :grin:

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Nov 26, 2013, 5:08:55 PM via Website

Ok, I finally caved, selling my Nexus 4 and ordered a Nexus 5. I was going to get the white stormtrooper model, but I'm not a fan of the shiny polycarbonate edges on the white version. Seems minor but it looks tacky, shows up fingerprints and compared to the nice black edges on the all-black model, it just doesn't look as good (imo). 3 weeks delay on shipping from the Play Store means I should get it around the same time as a firmware fix for the camera, right? ;)

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Stephen Allen