gmail couldnt sign in

• Replies:2
lki ammi
  • Forum posts: 2

Nov 18, 2013, 11:39:50 AM via App

hi
im using a galaxy s3, nexus 10 tab and my pc. lately i constantly get the error message on both of my android devices "couldnt sign in" on my gmail account.
i googled for solutions. there r people who suggested to use 2-step login.i tried that, but i coundt login with the generated password. other suggested to changepassword, that didnt work either.
does someone know a solution? im geting crazy. thx

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Nov 18, 2013, 3:29:45 PM via Website

Hi @lki, you can first try to simply clear the cache. Go into your Settings > Applications Manager > locate Gmail (it will be in the All tab) and tap it to enter App info. From this screen you can clear data, clear cache and force stop. I would suggest clearing cache first and then try to sign in, if that doesn't work, clear data, and then finally force close and start over. You can also uninstall all updates (same place: App Info) to take you back to your original version and then reinstall the update back from the Play Store.

The other option is (as it sounds like you may have already done), log into Gmail on your computer, change your password there and then when Gmail tries to sync on your S3/Nexus 10 and gives an error notification you can enter your new password there. That might fix it also.

Let me know if these fixes work.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

lki ammi
  • Forum posts: 2

Nov 18, 2013, 4:24:10 PM via Website

hi kries.
no unfortunately they didnt work out.
it is also quite strange, because there are 3 situations:
- sometimes, when the error message appears, you just wait an hour (if you can wait and dont need your emails immediately) and the problem seems solved. (for some hours/1day) then returns.
- the error message appears but you can still access your email (im not sure if new incoming emails appear but i guess they dont)
- the error message appears but you cant see your email.