Samsung Galaxy S5 — Dropped my Galaxy S5 yesterday...

• Replies:4
ann5
  • Forum posts: 1

May 20, 2014, 10:26:26 AM via Website

I have owned my Galaxy S5 less than 2 weeks and I dropped my phone yesterday. It fell down on the floor and the battery popped out off the back door which was knocked out. Although it can be turned on, the battery life seems poorer and dropping fast. Could a drop reduce battery life?

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

May 20, 2014, 1:26:51 PM via Website

I doubt if the drop would directly cause damage to the battery, but you may have caused other damage to the phone itself. Check that the battery is charging at the same speed as before and check the battery statistics in settings to find out if there's anything unusual causing battery drain while you're using it normally. If it's charging slower or not to full then possibly it's a battery issue, if there are any unusually high processes causing the drain then it may just be some setting you've triggered by removing the battery without powering down (it's happened a few times). If it's internal damage such as component/circuitry damage then all you can do is try returning it under warranty or getting it fixed independently.

Sinkster

kenfan
  • Forum posts: 1

Jun 13, 2014, 10:23:32 AM via Website

I looked up on google and found this thread because I also dropped my phone recently and facing the identical problem mentioned by ann5! Have no idea if it will affect the battery directly, my friend who also owns a S5 has a second battery got from mpj so I could test what had happened, and we end up with contacting service center Lol...so the drop damaged my phone internally, not to the battery.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 770

Jun 13, 2014, 10:38:46 AM via Website

kenfan

I looked up on google and found this thread because I also dropped my phone recently and facing the identical problem mentioned by ann5! Have no idea if it will affect the battery directly, my friend who also owns a S5 has a second battery got from mpj so I could test what had happened, and we end up with contacting service center Lol...so the drop damaged my phone internally, not to the battery.

did you get the service under warranty?

Ready To Help You.

SaraGrrl
  • Forum posts: 2

Jul 3, 2014, 10:40:05 PM via Website

ann5

I have owned my Galaxy S5 less than 2 weeks and I dropped my phone yesterday. It fell down on the floor and the battery popped out off the back door which was knocked out. Although it can be turned on, the battery life seems poorer and dropping fast. Could a drop reduce battery life?

i am so scared this is going to happen to me lol