The best Android games of all time

• Replies:16
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered

Jun 11, 2014 5:53:15 PM via Website

Hi everyone!

So we all have our own app favorites, but what is in your opinion the best Android game of all time?

Three of the ones that I think are the best EVER are:

• Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
  • Machinarium
  • Dead Space

(*)What do YOU think is the best Android game of all time? (*)

— modified on Jun 11, 2014 5:53:33 PM

Jun 11, 2014 6:14:17 PM via Website

Loie Favre

Hi everyone!

So we all have our own app favorites, but what is in your opinion the best Android game of all time?

Three of the ones that I think are the best EVER are:

• Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
  • Machinarium
  • Dead Space

(*)What do YOU think is the best Android game of all time? (*)

For me, Vice City can't live up to the console version because it feels different when I'm not playing it with a gamepad. I guess I'd say the same for Dead Space, though I can't deny how impressive it is to see them running on an Android system.

Machinarium, however, is just wonderful. Funny, smart, melancholic, I'm a huge fan of old-school point-and-click adventure games and I think Aminita Design are one of the few developers who still produce quality games in this genre. It's just a beautiful vision, I'd like to see its successor "Botanicular" ported to Android also.

As for what I think is the best Android game of all time, I'll have to get back to you on that. :D

Jun 18, 2014 8:29:27 AM via Website

I wish there were more modern board games implementations on Android. For now, we only have a few, like Neuroshima Hex, Carcassonne or Settlers of Catan. I wish Eclipse came out for Android, but onto fave games.
For quite some time, the most played game on my phone is Pinball Arcade. Sure you have to pay for tables, but still - worth every penny.
Also fun is a recent Amazon Appstore free giveaway - Minimotor Racing. Something that's supposed to bring Micro Machines to your mind. Add a bit of customisation, and there you have it.

Jun 18, 2014 9:48:25 AM via Website

gaseki

I wish there were more modern board games implementations on Android. For now, we only have a few, like Neuroshima Hex, Carcassonne or Settlers of Catan. I wish Eclipse came out for Android, but onto fave games.

YES ME TOO!!!!

I know making a board game available for a smartphone/tablet kind of defeats the point, but it would be great to try out something like Eclipse on Android First, before buying the actual board game!

I think it makes business sense for board game companies too. If people download the app, the companies don't spend any money on actually building/boxing/packaging/shipping etc. There are no development costs once you have built the software.

Jun 18, 2014 6:38:15 PM via Website

Personally I think 2 of the best games ever released on Android are Megatroid & like the name suggests is in the style of Metroid & the other is Badland which is the game flappy bird hopes to grow up to be like someday

Jun 19, 2014 9:30:52 AM via Website

David Ivey

Personally I think 2 of the best games ever released on Android are Megatroid & like the name suggests is in the style of Metroid & the other is Badland which is the game flappy bird hopes to grow up to be like someday

I neeeeeeeed to have a look at Megatroid, this is the first I have heard of it.

You gotta check out VVVVVV, old school 8-bit sci-fi platformer - http://www.androidpit.com/top-3-best-retro-arcade-game-apps-for-android

Jul 2, 2014 10:44:18 PM via Website

My Favourite android games of all time:

1. GTA: San Andreas
  2. Broken Sword 5
  3. Modern Combat 4
  4. Shadowgun Deadzone
  5. Dark Knight Rises
  6. The Walking Dead
  7. Aralon HD
  8. Yesterday
  9. Deus Ex: The Fall
  10. Syberia