What was the best Android device at IFA 2014?

• Replies:13
Scott Adam Gordon
  • Forum posts: 445

Sep 9, 2014, 10:03:10 AM via Website

Hopefully you all kept up with what was happening at this years IFA conference. I just wanted to know what your favorite device was, and why?

Devices to choose from are...

Sony Xperia Z3
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Sony Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Samsung Galaxy Note Edge
Samsung Gear S
Samsung Gear VR
Asus ZenWatch
Huawei Ascend Mate 7
HTC Desire 820
Motorola Moto 360
Motorola Moto G
Motorola Moto X

My favorite was the Ascend Mate 7. Loie was given one and I had a chance to play around with it. It's actually quite slippery in the hand and I wouldn't trust myself with it. But it has an amazing screen and some cool features like the fingerprint functionality.

So, what was your favorite?

herry prothyer
  • Forum posts: 88

Sep 9, 2014, 11:28:31 AM via Website

I am just surprised that Samsung Galaxy S5 is not in list.:(

Scott Adam Gordon

Sep 9, 2014, 5:57:58 PM via Website

Well it might have made the list if it had been introduced at the IFA 2014 conference ;)

Elzie Jackson Jr.

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Sep 9, 2014, 10:24:11 PM via Website

Of course the Note 4 is awesome, but for me it's the Gear VR (which requires the Note 4). I loved that thing. Super weird, but the Oculus Rift just got global. I mean, Gear VR. You know what I mean...

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Scott Adam Gordon

Sep 10, 2014, 8:59:45 AM via Website

Kris Carlon

Of course the Note 4 is awesome, but for me it's the Gear VR (which requires the Note 4). I loved that thing. Super weird, but the Oculus Rift just got global. I mean, Gear VR. You know what I mean...

Really? Dude the Gear VR is basically just a plastic case, right? What is it going to be good for?

Tarek L.
  • Forum posts: 2,459

Sep 10, 2014, 9:12:41 AM via App

The Ascend Mate 7 and the Note EDGE :)

Nicht wundern, bei Inaktivität ;)

Sonia Kaur
  • Forum posts: 1

Sep 11, 2014, 10:57:51 PM via Website

Scott Adam Gordon

Kris Carlon

Really? Dude the Gear VR is basically just a plastic case, right? What is it going to be good for?

I vote VR too.. to me it's a sign of brilliant innovation :) (needs a bit more development though :P;))

Magneto
  • Forum posts: 3

Sep 13, 2014, 12:08:32 AM via Website

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact. I like it; because its small size. I do not care about 1080p

Adam Marcinkiewicz
  • Forum posts: 16

Sep 13, 2014, 12:26:20 AM via Website

Xperia Z3 as well!

Scott Adam Gordon

Sep 16, 2014, 4:13:10 PM via Website

Xperia Z3 was another one of my faves. I just love how it looks. One of the AndroidPIT Italy teams members thinks it looks too square. I like its squareness!! Plus it just feels nice to hold.

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Sep 17, 2014, 10:32:32 AM via Website

Scott Adam Gordon

Kris Carlon

Haha, ok, fine: Gear VR with a Note 4 inside it

I'm gonna be a snob and say don't knock it till you've tried it. For me it was at least something exciting and not just another phone with slightly better specs. Who knows if anyone will actually buy it, but its super cool.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Scott Adam Gordon

Sep 17, 2014, 10:54:43 AM via Website

Kris Carlon

Haha, ok, fine: Gear VR with a Note 4 inside it

I'm gonna be a snob and say don't knock it till you've tried it. For me it was at least something exciting and not just another phone with slightly better specs. Who knows if anyone will actually buy it, but its super cool.

I'm with you there. Last years phone with slightly better specs, or some new and interesting technology. Fair play.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 1

Oct 7, 2014, 5:50:59 AM via Website

I would say Sony Xperia Z3 due to the best battery life which beats both the S5 and Note 4 and the vivid 1080p display (higher than 1080p on phones is uselss because there is no noticable resolution benefit and more battery is wasted). The 20.7mp exmor camera is signfificantly better than the Note 4 and Galaxy S5 and it also has 3GB of ram which is impressive for a 5 inch phone that is only 7.3mm thick. Sony still has a lot of innovations and many tricks up their sleeve. I would prefer a Xperia Z3 over an S5 or a Note 4 because of the unique design and the balance of every single specification of the phone that harmoniously coincides with each other and also with the simple and easy to navigate UI. Z3 is definitely the best pick for me in 2014.

Scott Adam Gordon

Oct 7, 2014, 6:31:31 PM via Website

Shamoy Rahman

Z3 is definitely the best pick for me in 2014.

Good choice. It's a favorite in the office at the moment