Sony Xperia Z3 — Moving to G3 from Z3

• Replies:4
Anne Dane
  • Forum posts: 3

Mar 16, 2015, 3:06:00 AM via Website

I hope this is the right board to discuss about this.

I pre-ordered the Z3 on Sony store and got it. The phone was great, screen was pleasant to look at, no lags ever happened, but there were too many cons that took over the pros imo:

• The battery was not that great, I've installed GSAM App since day one, and now the average screen-on time is only 5 hours, maximum is 6h30m. I've tried resetting the phone via Pc Companion... no luck. I mainly use the phone for Facebook, Web browser, taking pictures, and music, no heavy games.

• I've dropped it several times due its f*cking slippery glass panels. So far there's no crack but the aluminum sides are slightly damaged.

• It's so uncomfortable to hold. Sony made premium phones for sure, but it's not practical... the Z3 is just a beautiful metal slab but not really a phone. In my opinion, the curved back is much much more comfortable to hold in hands.

• Wifi range is horrible. I've tried putting the Z3 next to the LG G3 and Moto G, the Z3 lost signal frequently, the other 2 were fine.

• Glass back panel = fingerprint magnet.

• Finally, the most disappointed feature - Camera. I don;t know what the heck Sony did to their Z3, but the camera is just average to me. Plus it does not focus well while recording videos, even with normal macro shots; Superior Auto sucks; too tiny flash; a lof of Noise; a lot of disappointments.

• Not to mention that it fails so badly on cosmetic look. Huge gaps; unsymmetrical panels; bulging nylon corners. They are not a big deal for me, but compared to other phones in terms of cosmetic build, Sony has to work harder.

Marc 'CuZZ13' S.
  • Forum posts: 8

Mar 18, 2015, 3:25:38 AM via Website

Hi there Anne
Frankly I am able to disagree and simultaneously totally agree with all the issues you've encountered...

I'm using both the Z3 and G3 as my primary devices...
First thing I did with the Z3 was pair it with a rubber cover to counter the grip fail...

The WiFi range is an issue but I rarely use it...

Either which way I still believe personal preference is the biggest factor in a device's success...

Good luck.

Anne Dane

Anne Dane
  • Forum posts: 3

Mar 20, 2015, 1:50:47 AM via Website

Thank you Marc!! really appreciate that!!! May I ask you which phone you like the most and why?

Alias Marne
  • Forum posts: 98

Mar 20, 2015, 4:26:16 PM via Website

Yeah, of course, personal preference is biggest factor.

Marc 'CuZZ13' S.
  • Forum posts: 8

Mar 25, 2015, 5:18:33 AM via App

Anne Dane

Thank you Marc!! really appreciate that!!! May I ask you which phone you like the most and why?

Truly I'm slightly more partial to the Z3 for the PS app and the power management services.

Otherwise both devices are to blame for my belt being slightly tighter than normal...hehe