Google Nexus 5 — My camera is not working

• Replies:5
Strahinja
  • Forum posts: 3

Jun 1, 2015, 12:11:46 PM via Website

Hello guys, i'm trying to fix my camera since 28th may. The problem was issued before update to 5.1.1.
Here's description of problem: When i try to open my camera, it's simply not working! It show's me camera logo on black screen and nothing happens!
So i tried to clean cache in apps and nothing! Tried to uninstall app and install it again and nothing! I reset app to factory version and nothing, the problem is still there! I wiped cache in boot and still camera is not working! I did factory reset whole mobile phone(and then recover) and it's simply still not working!

Any suggestion more!? :)

Thank you!

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Jun 1, 2015, 2:00:16 PM via App

A few Nexus 5s have this issue, which has been there since 5.0. Some users find it's caused by Viber or using face unlock, but it seems to be an issue with the camera app itself. Try uninstalling the Google camera and installing a third party camera.

Sinkster

Strahinja

Jun 1, 2015, 11:00:27 PM via Website

sinkster

A few Nexus 5s have this issue, which has been there since 5.0. Some users find it's caused by Viber or using face unlock, but it seems to be an issue with the camera app itself. Try uninstalling the Google camera and installing a third party camera.

Thanks for your fast answer. However, today i did full factory reset(with no applications/data recovery) and camera worked fine for about 5 minutes... After that still the same (and mobile was factory reset). I already tried disabling camera and installing third party camera and i will try it again right now, but that didn't work last time! :/

Any more suggestions?

EDIT: My flashlight is not working too(at nexus wipe down menu) and it's not working via third party application too!

— modified on Jun 1, 2015, 11:11:31 PM

sinkster

Jun 2, 2015, 8:06:02 PM via Website

Personally, after all you've done I'd re-download the factory image from Google and flash it again. It could be a slightly corrupted download or flash and restoring only flashes the file you downloaded again.

Sinkster

Strahinja

Jun 2, 2015, 11:35:08 PM via Website

Well i didn't understand you well, but i was suggested to do a custom rom. What do you think about that?
I don't even know what is that, so do you have some advice about that?

— modified on Jun 2, 2015, 11:35:36 PM

sinkster

Jun 3, 2015, 12:56:29 AM via Website

You could try a custom rom, or even just a custom kernel might do it. What I suggested above was to download the correct file from the link and flash it via your PC/laptop as your current (stock) rom may be the issue and to back up your apps and data on a drive and do a full, clean install. Custom roms could be the answer but I couldn't tell you which one to try; there are literally dozens of them on XDA. Read this post first to understand what you need to do and how to do it, and read some of the development threads to decide which rom you like the most.

Sinkster