Samsung Galaxy S4 mini — Can't receive messsages unless I send one

• Replies:2
Lisa Wouters
  • Forum posts: 2

Aug 15, 2015, 3:53:31 PM via Website

Hi, I have a samsung s4 mini, model GT-I9195.
A few days ago I noticed that I didn't always receive messages on time.
For example: I was having a conversation with someone, I suddenly wouldn't get an answer anymore and after a few hours when I sent a message again - not necessary to the same person - I would receive messages that were sent a few hours ago.
It also seems that there are some messages that I don't receive at all and it's like this for a few days now.
If anyone can tell me what causes it and how I can fix it or prevent it from happening, please do respond.

Thank you in advance,
Lisa

Lisa Wouters

Aug 15, 2015, 4:33:15 PM via Website

I have also noticed that I can receive messages again when I restart my phone or when I turn on and off flight mode.

tony

Aug 16, 2015, 1:15:44 PM via Website

Lisa Wouters

Hi, I have a samsung s4 mini, model GT-I9195.
A few days ago I noticed that I didn't always receive messages on time.
For example: I was having a conversation with someone, I suddenly wouldn't get an answer anymore and after a few hours when I sent a message again - not necessary to the same person - I would receive messages that were sent a few hours ago.
It also seems that there are some messages that I don't receive at all and it's like this for a few days now.
If anyone can tell me what causes it and how I can fix it or prevent it from happening, please do respond.

Thank you in advance,
Lisa

I had a similar problem with my note4 (videotron network). I called tech support, they couldn't help.... I finally figured it out on my own....
In my case, it had to do with voicemail. Whenever someone would call me, and I did not answer the phone and that person would leave a voicemail.... I would get the icon on the top left,....immediately, I would go into my voice mail, listen to the message and immediately delete it....
And then, just to be 100% sure that all works, I send a text message to myself., problem solved, at least for me!

Lisa Wouters