HTC One (M8) pull down notifications quit working

• Replies:1
Zack Mueller
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 28, 2016, 3:57:49 PM via Website

Last night, my battery died, so I threw it on the charger before bed. When I woke up this morning, I noticed that my phone defaulted back to the HTC wallpaper. I thought that was a little strange at first but didnt think much of it. Then I realized my screen lock wasn't working and my pull down notifications didn't pull down. I fixed the screen lock (had to change from swipe, which I've had from the beginning, to password for it to let me lock my phone using the top button), but I can't get my notifications to work at all. The pull down doesnt work and I am hearing my phone vibrate when I get a notification, but i dont know where its coming from, so I have to search for it since Im not getting any notification pop ups. My last security update was Jan 1, so I don't know what happened......starting doing some research and have had no luck (even from people who factory reset their phone). Does anyone have any tips or ideas what happened?

Shawn Allan
  • Forum posts: 1

Apr 28, 2017, 3:20:40 PM via Website

Did you find a solution? I have the exact same issue you describe now and then when my HTC One M8 battery dies or gets too low.

Sometimes it seems to fix itself, currently it's stuck like this.