Google Apps Want My Location

• Replies:1
Just Me
  • Forum posts: 2

May 26, 2016, 1:48:21 AM via Website

I have the following device: LG Volt / Android Version 4.4.2

My phone's location settings are set to off at: Settings>Personal>Location>Mode>OFF

There are numerous apps that need updating. Before I click "ACCEPT", on that same screen, they say "XYZ App also needs access to "Location".

I do NOT want all these apps, or my phone in general, tracking my every move. So if I have my phone's location setting set to OFF, and I click ACCEPT, will the apps turn on my phone's location feature? Or will they simple gain no benefit from the location setting since it's set to OFF?

Please advise. Thanks in advance!

pentel
  • Forum posts: 251

May 26, 2016, 5:14:37 AM via Website

Just Me

I have the following device: LG Volt / Android Version 4.4.2

My phone's location settings are set to off at: Settings>Personal>Location>Mode>OFF

There are numerous apps that need updating. Before I click "ACCEPT", on that same screen, they say "XYZ App also needs access to "Location".

I do NOT want all these apps, or my phone in general, tracking my every move. So if I have my phone's location setting set to OFF, and I click ACCEPT, will the apps turn on my phone's location feature? Or will they simple gain no benefit from the location setting since it's set to OFF?

Please advise. Thanks in advance!

It is ok to set the location off. If the app update cannot proceed without setting location "on", turn on the location, update the app, then turn off the location after the app update.