Can't flash stock firmware with Odin

• Replies:10
Tyler Bullock
  • Forum posts: 1

Oct 15, 2016, 2:10:38 AM via Website

It's been a long day... Let me start by saying that i had my device rooted for a month without any issues. Last night, i noticed some apps were killing themselves for some reason but i didnt give it much thought. This morning while i was working, i noticed the phone app was crashing and not responding, so i decided to restart it. It ended up getting stuck on the T-Mobile boot screen. I tried to boot it into recovery mode, but it wasn't the normal recovery mode. It didnt give me option to scroll up and down with the volume keys. It's just a black screen with:
RECOVERY BOOTING......
ODIN MODE (HIGH SPEED)
PRODUCT NAME: SM-G935T
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Custom
FRP LOCK: OFF
WARRANTY VOID: 0x0
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE
HP SWREV: B3(2,1,1,1,1) K1 S2
SECURE DOWNLOAD: ENABLE
It just stays on this screen until i power the device off, and it goes right back into a bootloop. Also, i can't boot into safe mode either.
So, I figured I would try to flash the stock firmware with Odin. I downloaded the firmware and tried to flash it and got this error:
Added!!
Odin engine v(ID:3.1203)..
File analysis..
SetupConnection..
Initialzation..
Set PIT file..
DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
Complete(Write) operation failed.
All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
I did some searching and found that i might need to flash a .pit file, so i found the one for my device and put in in Odin. I tried to flash it and got this error:
Added!!
Odin engine v(ID:3.1203)..
File analysis..
SetupConnection..
Initialzation..
Set PIT file..
DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
FAIL!

Re-Partition operation failed.
All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
At this point, I have no idea what to do or try. I need my phone for work and ive already missed today. If anyone has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Hanan Q.
  • Forum posts: 4

Oct 15, 2016, 3:51:21 AM via Website

I have the same problem and did the same steps but so far nothing is working out. If anyone can help, that would be appreciated.

Hanan Q.

Oct 15, 2016, 3:54:17 AM via Website

Forgot to mention that my device is Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500.

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Oct 16, 2016, 10:10:24 PM via Website

Did you tick the re-partition options? If not, the .pit file won't be flashed properly.

Sinkster

Sem K
  • Forum posts: 3

Oct 17, 2016, 7:14:49 PM via Website

I tried to root my phone but it didnt work out, and i got the same problem as you only my screen looks different... if i try to load the Stock Ram with odin it tells me it fails too...

Sem K
  • Forum posts: 3

Oct 17, 2016, 8:14:01 PM via Website

can you maybe help me too? It seems u know more of all this then me. Can you check my post?

Hanan Q.

Oct 17, 2016, 11:58:44 PM via Website

I did tick the re-partition option. Still it didn't workout. Any advice?

SamiJulie
  • Forum posts: 21

Nov 25, 2016, 3:40:20 PM via Website

Hello, choose a right firmware for your device is very important. Please go to the official website to download the suitable package. And then follow the guide to flash your device. Click here to read more about flash a Rom on Android.

Krasimir B.

SamiJulie
  • Forum posts: 21

Dec 5, 2016, 7:17:11 AM via Website

To fix a rooted phone that won't boot, you can try to put your phone into full charge or get the phone into recovery mode after powering it off. If it doesn't work at all, you can also try to flash a new custom rom via Odin 3 to fix.

SBMG

Aug 9, 2017, 5:06:47 PM via Website

You can't flash a custom rom via Odin3...

britney amane

May 6, 2019, 6:17:32 AM via Website

um really then what tool would you use since im pretty effin sure you can indeed use odin to flash a custom rom but it would seem lately for me anyway odin is effin completely useless ans hasnt been aqble to flash anything root rom recovery nothing so what do you sugest cuz im definatly keen on any other options at this point