Can we use 2A Charger in place of 1A?

• Replies:13
  • Answered
Qasim
  • Forum posts: 11

Oct 27, 2018, 7:51:32 PM via Website

Hi, Guys!

I've redmi 6A android phone. It has come with 1A charger in its box. It charges very slowly and takes hours to reach upto 100 percent. So, for little fast charging, can I use 2A charger? Will it not damage the battery?

I've listened if we increase amperes, it leads to damage the battery. Is it right?

This mobile has not fast charging capability.

Also, tell me which is the best Android battery calibration app?

So please give me advice.

Regards,

— modified on Oct 27, 2018, 7:53:10 PM

Best answer
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 819

Oct 29, 2018, 12:42:37 PM via Website

The only thing I can tell you is this,
I have a new Galaxy s7 only 6 month old .
When I use up my charge ,it usually takes a couple hours to recharge! This is not uncommon!
I have had many hours of electrical training!
Have you ever seen what happens when you give any electric device twice the amps it was designed for?
I have and the results are usually disastrous! You could melt circuits, or even explode your battery!
But if you want to take that kind of a chance with your phone!
Suit yourself!

Helpful?
SorinQasim
Deactivated Account

Oct 29, 2018, 10:50:28 AM via Website

If the 2a charger has the same output as the 1a there shouldn't be any problem.
You should check with the store you purchased your device from.
However , if both chargers have the same out put I don't see how one could be faster than the other.
Question: when you are recharging your phone are you shutting down all your apps first? If not, that could be the reason it takes so long!

Helpful?
Qasim

Oct 29, 2018, 11:37:10 AM via Website

Thank you Lindsay!

Obviously 2A charger has not same output as 1A charger has. 2A Xaomi charger gives 2Amperes which are greater than 1Amperes. Now you know output is double using 2A Charger. What do you say about that?

Second, I turn off 3g/4g and WiFi. Also hibernate all apps using another app called Greenify. Then I plug device.

Regards,

Helpful?
Deactivated Account

Oct 29, 2018, 12:10:11 PM via Website

Check the specs. On your phone and battery . Make sure they will handle the extra amprees before you plug it in,
Or you may be sorry you did!
And while using that new charger, check periodically to see if your phone is getting hot!
That's what I say about that!

— modified on Oct 29, 2018, 12:11:25 PM

Helpful?
Qasim
Qasim

Oct 29, 2018, 12:26:09 PM via Website

Lindsay you're right. But how may I know whether Xaomi 6A will handle 2A or not?

I've Xaomi built in forum. I've asked them numerous times but they don't give answer. So what I do?

Helpful?
Best answer
Deactivated Account

Oct 29, 2018, 12:42:37 PM via Website

The only thing I can tell you is this,
I have a new Galaxy s7 only 6 month old .
When I use up my charge ,it usually takes a couple hours to recharge! This is not uncommon!
I have had many hours of electrical training!
Have you ever seen what happens when you give any electric device twice the amps it was designed for?
I have and the results are usually disastrous! You could melt circuits, or even explode your battery!
But if you want to take that kind of a chance with your phone!
Suit yourself!

Helpful?
SorinQasim
Pavel Toyberman
  • Forum posts: 23

Oct 30, 2018, 9:30:29 PM via Website

All USB connectors are rated for 5V voltage. This means that you can safely connect the charger to the device via micro USB.

Another thing - the strength of the current. To charge the device faster, chargers increase the amperage, which is measured in amperes (A). The chargers that come with Android tablets are designed for greater amperage than similar devices for Android smartphones. For example, the charger for a tablet is designed for 2A, while the charger for a smartphone is only for 1A.

If you connect the charger from the smartphone to the tablet, the tablet will charge very slowly, because the current is not enough for normal charging. If you try to charge the smartphone through the charger for the tablet, nothing terrible will happen, and your smartphone will not explode and light up.

Most likely, the smartphone will not take the maximum possible amount of amps that the charger provides, so everything will be fine. Maybe the smartphone will only charge a little faster.

Helpful?
Qasim
Qasim

Oct 31, 2018, 8:59:00 AM via Website

Nice Pavel!

But I wanna tell you that here in Pakistan, 2A is the minimum usage and people use upto 3A too for their cellphones which are made for 1A. How rediculous it's.

Helpful?
Deactivated Account

Oct 31, 2018, 10:43:41 AM via Website

Pavel
THE USB connection you speak of is not for charging your battery! It is used for transmitting digital code to another computer device!
You are just adding more confusion to Qasim's question!

Helpful?
Deactivated Account

Oct 31, 2018, 10:57:03 AM via Website

Qasim
The charger for my phone here in the US has printed it quite clearly 20amp. 50 watt. And when I run my battery charge below 10% it takes 2 hours to fully recharge the battery !
I don't know what this 1a or 2a on the chargers In Pakistan means, but if you take Pavel's advice you could really mess up the charging systems in your phone as well as your tablet.
The safest thing to do is be patient and stick with the charger that came with your device.

Helpful?
Qasim

Oct 31, 2018, 12:10:19 PM via Website

Lindsay mcdaniel

Qasim
The charger for my phone here in the US has printed it quite clearly 20amp. 50 watt. And when I run my battery charge below 10% it takes 2 hours to fully recharge the battery !
I don't know what this 1a or 2a on the chargers In Pakistan means, but if you take Pavel's advice you could really mess up the charging systems in your phone as well as your tablet.
The safest thing to do is be patient and stick with the charger that came with your device.

Right Lindsay

I show you my charger.

Helpful?
shilpi gupta
  • Forum posts: 5

Nov 20, 2018, 8:57:00 PM via Website

Yes its matter as the mobile battery is design for fixed capacity and the real fact is that you can use low amps to charge you battery but if you are using high amps then it will hampered battery life as well as your mobile.

Helpful?
Deactivated Account
ellywilson
  • Forum posts: 16

Dec 8, 2018, 8:44:19 AM via Website

First of all 1amp and 2amp charger is different from each other and there are lots of phones in the market but the stock battery comes with the compatibility with the motherboard. Some motherboard supports both 1amp and 2amp but sometimes not. When you connect 2amp charger in 1amp supports phone there is some problem are arises when the phone is connected like touch or buttons are not working properly, sim not working properly some time network is present but sometimes not and in future battery might be damaged.

there are lots of apps in the market but in my opinion, "Ampere" is the best app to see what power comes from the charger and app tells each & everything about the charger is compatible or not.

Helpful?
Deactivated AccountQasim
Deactivated Account

Dec 8, 2018, 12:05:47 PM via Website

ellywilson
Thank you pretty lady!
I couldn't have said it better myself!

Helpful?
ellywilson