Wrong Date on home screen

• Replies:6
carrotmuseum
  • Forum posts: 3

Nov 12, 2018, 12:28:50 PM via Website

When I power up the phone it shows the last date it was used, not necessarily the correct (current) date! When I swipe up to get the home screen it shows the current (correct!) date.
Also the previous date is shown in the notification area.
It is a low use phone, not opened every days. Feel like it "remembers" the last date used.
It is solved if I totally power down the phone and re-boot.
How can I make the initial screen be correct and update itself without a re-boot.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 819

Nov 12, 2018, 1:03:51 PM via Website

There are settings for that screen (lock screen it's called). The settings are under the heading called "Display".
Re-set those settings!
Then restart your device.

— modified on Nov 12, 2018, 1:04:51 PM

Helpful?
carrotmuseum

Nov 12, 2018, 2:55:10 PM via Website

Don't have that option in my Display settings (android 8.0go). That menu only shows:

brightness
wallpaper
sleep
auto rotate
advanced (nothing under that option either)

Helpful?
Deactivated Account

Nov 12, 2018, 11:07:35 PM via Website

Sorry
I didn't put enough thought in my first reply.
However!
The Times and dates on your clock are set and changed by your cellphone carrier!
If this is a big issue for you, then
I think you should talk to them about the problem.
You know ...., and this is just a guess but maybe your clock or your lock screen is in need of a update?
Check play store and see if there are any updates pending!
Another idea check your clock app and the calendar app permissions and see if any are shut off or denied?
I got to be honest and say this problem your having is very strange .

— modified on Nov 12, 2018, 11:37:45 PM

Helpful?
Deactivated Account

Nov 13, 2018, 12:06:02 AM via Website

Just had another idea !
And this one is difficult to explain.
When you power up that phone what is your signal strength?
If you are getting a very low signal at first,
Then the signal gets stronger, that could be why your lock screen has the wrong date at first and when you go to your home screen it is correct!
I might be completely wrong about this but it would explain the problem your having.

Helpful?
carrotmuseum

Nov 13, 2018, 7:39:36 PM via Website

No, tried all those options, there is no way to control the lock screen.

It is odd that the time is correct but not the date. Like it's telling me the last date it was used.

Also noticed that the date shows differently - lock screen shows 13 November, home screen shows 13 Nov. Very strange.

I think I may have to try a different launcher app from the Store. Clearly Blackview overlay their own, and their customer support is non-existent!!

Helpful?
ttucjacks123
  • Forum posts: 15

Jul 20, 2021, 8:56:17 AM via Website

Attempt to adjust the date mannually from the phone Settings. And at the same time update your phone system. If still can't work well, it is time to utilize a powerful tool like TunesKit iOS System Recovery to get out of the issue.

Helpful?