'Update.zip' is 'incorrect' - Blu Grand Max stuck after factory reset - can't get past system update on startup

• Replies:3
mr.b
  • Forum posts: 2

Apr 28, 2019, 5:31:12 PM via Website

I've been having malware issues with my Blu Grand Max and also it couldn't install a system update due to the file 'update.zip' being 'incorrect'.

I've tried a factory reset before (which didn't sort the malware), but decided to have another try today. After resetting the phone I'm now stuck on the startup process.

It's saying there's an update so the phone needs to be restarted - this is the same update that it couldn't install before - so therefore just returns to the Android Recovery screen with the error message. It doesn't show a skip button to bypass the update.

Is there any way I can download the update to sd card and install from the Recovery screen? If so, where do I download this from?

Thanks for your help. :)

Laura Ariza
  • Forum posts: 1

May 2, 2019, 7:54:51 PM via Website

Hi! I have the same issue. Were you able to solve it?

Thanks!

Helpful?
mr.b
  • Forum posts: 2

May 2, 2019, 8:46:44 PM via Website

I asked this on another forum as well and was advised to reinstall the stock ROM and this website was suggested for a guide on how to do it: (as a new user it won't let me post a link so just copy this and remove the spaces :) w w w . getdroidtips . c o m /stock-rom-blu-grand-max/.

I haven't got round to trying it yet, though I will do - just need some time to go through the instructions to make sure I know what I'm doing. The phone is useless at the minute so I can't mess it up any more even if I do something wrong. :)

Helpful?
Osvaldo Diaz Milanés
  • Forum posts: 1

May 13, 2019, 4:50:50 AM via Website

Hi, I also have the same exact issue with my Blu Grand Max, I will try reinstalling
the stock ROM and see what happens. After that, I will post here the results.

Thanks for the help.

Helpful?