Moving all my pictures to a new Android 10 phone from a Motorola Moto G 4G using Android 6.

• Replies:2
Change Agent
  • Forum posts: 22

Dec 25, 2020, 12:04:06 PM via Website

I have an old Motorola Phone (faithful and working like a dream) Model Moto G (2nd Generation) with 4G LTE. However, it will soon be replaced by another basic model phone (not decided which one).

I want to make sure I get all my pictures across to the new phone.

How is this best done?

As I am pretty clueless about how all the Google stuff works, I like some help here.
If there is solution to do it (also) via a computer that is fine too. FYI I am on a Mac, but could always ask a Windooz friend.

xiamia
  • Forum posts: 98

Dec 29, 2020, 3:36:58 AM via Website

To move all my pictures to a new Android 10 phone from a Motorola Moto G 4G using Android 6, the easy and safe way is using phone transfer software like AirDroid, Dr.fone, PhoneTrans, Coolmuster Mobile Transfer. With their helps, we can directly transfer photos between Android phones. About the details, just search online and choose the one you like better. Hope this will be help.

Helpful?
Change Agent
  • Forum posts: 22

Dec 29, 2020, 9:10:40 AM via Website

First of thanks for your answer. I did have a look at your suggestions.

Obviously, you have experience in this, and I like to ask you something related. My problem will be that I will have to move the Sim from the old phone to the new one. In the old phone is also a memory card that is of course liked to the Sim. As soon as they get removed (if only one) stuff will be lost. In the new phone the memory card will want to be erased and linked to the Sim in that phone.

So, I need to move the pics to somewhere before I can move the Sim. And in doing so I do not want to lose the ‘hidden’ data like creation date etc.

From you point of view what is the best solution, and preferably a free one as I will use the App once and that is it.

Thanks again for engaging.

Helpful?