This is the OFFICIAL final build for the S4, but this firmware is only for the I9505 model, not the I9500.
Just to confirm even further: flashing ROMs, even official firmware, on your smartphone involves inherent risks with which some users aren't comfortable. If you know what you are doing and follow the instructions below perfectly, you should be fine. There are however always risks involved in tinkering with your device and both myself and AndroidPIT take no responsibility if any damage occurs to your device.
Just to recap, the new Android 4.3 on the Galaxy S4 will feature:
- OpenGL 3.0 Support
- GALAXY GEAR Support
- TRIM Support (Makes the device much faster)
- ANT+ Support
- Samsung KNOX Implementation (KNOX bootloader and dedicated application)
- Samsung Wallet comes pre-loaded
- Improved RAM management
- Improved Display colour reproduction (Display looks much sharper than before)
- Improved TouchWiz Launcher (Much less launcher redraws and less lag)
- New Samsung Keyboard
- New Samsung Browser (Full screen by default, new tab interface and more)
- New Reading Mode (Optimises display for reading, used by only a few specific applications)
- New Camera firmware
- Minor UI tweaks (Contacts app, Flashlight Widget, dialog boxes etc)
Install official Android 4.3 firmware on Samsung Galaxy S4
1. Download the firmware here: Android 4.3 official firmware Samsung i9505 Galaxy S4.
2. Unzip the zip file, and you will get two files with the extension .tar.md5 and a file with the extension .tar
3. Download Odin 3.09, and unpack the .zip also.
4. Launch Odin.
5. Reboot your Galaxy S4 in download mode (Volume Down + Power + Home button).
6. Connect your Galaxy S4 via USB cable to your computer and wait for Odin to recognize it. A blue box should then appear (in the program).
7. Add: I9505XXUEMJ5_I9505OXAEMJ5_I9505XXUEMJ5_HOME.tar.md5 to AP
8. Make sure that the re-partition box is not checked.
9. Click Start and wait a few minutes until the procedure ends. Do not disconnect your S4, be patient.
10. Once your Galaxy S4 restarts, it's over!
As usual, if you have any concerns at startup, perform a wipe data/factory reset in recovery mode (Volume Up + Power + Home button).
Our test run and tricks for Android 4.3 on the Samsung Galaxy S4 will arrive in the coming days.
[Update: 4:00 PM Berlin time 17.10.13]
I have updated this article with the new, OFFICIAL firmware links for the Galaxy S4 LTE version I9505. There is no need to flash this unless you are having trouble getting the OTA version or via Kies, or you simply can't wait to get some 4.3 goodness on your S4. The OTA/Kies rollout has already happened in Germany and other countries will follow suit shortly. To check if you can get it OTA, just go to Settings > More > About Device > Software update > Update. Or you can connect your device to your computer and try via Kies. Let us know how you like it when it lands on your S4.