In celebration of Android Market's 10 billionth download, Google has created daily promotions, offering deep discounts on some of the Market's most popular apps. Today the company also released a pretty cool infographic charting the history of the Android Market. There's a lot of information packed into it, but here are a few of the highlights:
- South Korea is the most app-crazed country, followed by Hong Kong, Taiwan and the U.S. I find it interesting that none of the large economic players in Europe (like France or Germany) made it into the top 10 app-gobbling countries list. Instead, apps seem to be most popular in Asian and Scandanavian countries (and Israel).
- 190 countries download apps every day!
- Games are the most popular apps to download, followed by entertainment apps (think Talking Tom).
- 9:00PM on Sunday evening is the most popular time to download apps.
The infographic also lists statistics on app usage, which are also quite impressive:
- 12 billion miles are navigated on Google Maps each year.
- $3,310,000,000 in speeding tickets would be fined if Asphalt users replicated their driving habits on real streets.
- 4054 years have been spent playing with Talking Tom
What's your favorite piece of information shared in this infographic?