The Huawei MediaPad should launch in Germany in early November reports indicate. This is good news for German consumers who as of today can no longer hope to get their hands on a Galaxy Tab 10.1. Huawei's latest Android tablet PC debuted in Singapore several months ago and European Android got their first good look at the 7-inch tablet at last weeks IFA in Berlin.
The MediaPad is one of the first tablets to get the latest (and probably last) update for the tablet-native Android distribution –Android 3.2 Honeycomb. The Android tablet should retail for around $561; not a bad price for 1.2-GHz, dual-core Qualcomm processor and full 1080p HD playback.
Other specs include:
- 7-inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- 1200×800 display resolution
- dual-core, 1.2-GHz Qualcomm processor
- 8 GB internal Storage
- 5-megapixel auto focus rear camera
- 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera
- High Definition (HD) video recording capabilities
- 1080p Full HD playback and HDMI port
- support for HSPA+
- support for Wi-Fi
- support for Adobe Flash 10.3
- over 6 hours battery life
Combined with a petite frame coming in at 0.4 inches and 0.86 Lbs, the Huawei is packing a fair bit of power in a sleek body.
Look for the Mediatab to his US shores some time in Q3 2011.