DescriptionUTA tracker+ is an ad-free version of UTA tracker.
UTA tracker allows riders to take advantage of the Utah Transit Authority's vehicle monitoring and stop finding services.
UTA tracker also includes the ability to download individual route data, including PDF route maps.
Please send me an email if you find a problem or if you have any comments or suggestions.
UTA's buses and trains now report their locations every 15 seconds (FrontRunner trains and Flex routes are not included).
- Put in a route number and see all vehicles on that route, put in a stop number to see all buses serving that stop, or put in an individual vehicle number (printed inside and on the back of UTA buses).
- For example, you can ask for all the 35M buses that will arrive at stop 133054 within the next 30 minutes.
- Once you have made one of the above requests, all matching vehicles are displayed on a map along with your current location. Information about each vehicle is displayed in a box overlaying the map. Tap on an individual vehicle on the map to see its information, or tap the right and left arrows to move from one vehicle to another.
- Tap the "checkmark" button to select the vehicle you want to watch. You can then choose to keep your location or the vehicle's location always in the center of the map. You can also choose to adjust the map so both your location and the vehicle's location are always visible.
- Successful requests for routes, stops, and vehicles are stored on the history screen. Access this screen by tapping the "clock" icon while on the track screen. Tap on a history item to make its request again. Check the box on an item if you want to delete it; a delete icon will appear when one or more items are checked.
- The route and stops of the selected vehicle are shown on the map, if they are available. Tap on an individual stop to see its number and name.
- You can request schedule data for any UTA route by entering its number.
- Once the data is downloaded, you are presented with a dialog where you can choose the service you need. For example, if you enter the route 701, you will have options for Northbound or Southbound trains on weekdays, Saturdays, or Sundays. Select an origin and a destination and see when the train will be at those stops.
- This route data, along with a PDF route map is cached on your device for easy access later. These route files may be stored on the SD card.
- A history of your cached route files is available by tapping the "clock" icon on the route screen. Check the box next to a route to update or delete it. The time of the last update is displayed under the route name.
*** Important ***
UTA route data is downloaded from the UTA website. If UTA's site changes significantly, downloading route and map files may stop working. If something stops working, please send me an email, and I will resolve it as quickly as I can.
- Select your current location or an address you enter or select on a map as a search location for UTA stops that are nearby. You can specify a maximum number of stops to return as well as an optional route filter.
- View details about those stops on the map and then select one to see which UTA routes stop there and where they go.
- Previous searches can be viewed and run again by clicking on the "clock" icon on the stops screen.
- Choose a light or dark theme.
- Show satellite imagery and/or color-coded traffic data on the map.
- Optionally keep the map screen from dimming and shutting off.
- Adjust the update interval of UTA vehicle locations.
- Add track and route shortcut widgets to your home screen to go straight to the map or route you want.
Read more about UTA's monitoring API here:
This is not an official UTA app; I am not affiliated with UTA in any way.