DescriptionDAWOSC is an Android app that lets you control your DAW (Steinberg Cubase, Cakewalk Sonar and X1/X2, Reaper, Digital Performer, Apple Logic, Pro Tools, Ableton Live!, etc) over WIFI from your phone or tablet. It uses Pure Data to communicate with your DAW. It sends and receives MIDI and OSC data to/from your DAW so the controllers are in sync with your DAW.
You can design your own screen layouts using the free Windows DAWOSC Editor. It's a visual WYSIWYG editor, so it's really easy to create your own layouts. If you're on a Mac, you can run the DAWOSC Editor in a virtual Windows machine or edit the design files manually. The layout files are simple easy-to-read text files. You can create hundreds of layouts and the app can have 6 of these layouts instantly available at any time.
IF YOU GET A LOT OF ERRORS WHEN YOU START THE APP, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ENTERED THE PROPER IP ADDRESS OF YOUR COMPUTER (NOT YOUR ROUTER ADDRESS).
NOTE: If you're having problems, please visit the forum at www.dawsound.com. Most problems and bugs can be resolved right away.
<<<< Note that the app will only display the first 3 controllers in your layout. The app will be in trial mode until you purchase the 'DAWOSC Unlock' app.>>>>
There are no built-in layouts in the app except for a simple one for trial purposes. This allows you to create your own custom layouts using the editor and configure your DAW the way you want to. There's also free layouts from users on the DAWSound.com forum.
The controllers include:
Text Labels (can also be used as borders for groups of controllers)
- design your own layouts using the free Windows WYSIWYG editor
- colors can be chosen from a selection of 16 million colors
- supports all screen resolutions
- supports horizontal and vertical layouts
- supports multi-touch
- sends and receives MIDI notes and CC data from your DAW
- sends and receives OSC data from your DAW (like Reaper)
- app loads 6 layouts of your choice, so you have 6 layouts available at all times in the order that you want
- easy to configure and set up
- buttons can switch layouts
More info and instructions can be found at: http://www.dawsound.com
If you encounter problems, need installation help, or would like to request new features, please leave a comment on the forum at www.dawsound.com