DescriptionWelcome to video learning on-the-go.
If you’re interested in the intersection between technology and learning then the chances are you already know Mobento.
If not here’s the scoop: We’re a video learning platform.
We serve those in education and those who are simply curious about life and we’re growing an online library of very high quality educational videos. This includes content from Stanford, Yale, Kahn Academy, TED and even NASA. We curate the content with savage zeal so only the very best content appears. So unlike searching the regular Internet – there’s no chance of wasting your time on clutter.
With the Mobento smartphone app all this is now packaged up to work on the move.
Here’s the MUST KNOW information:
• Mobento is a new approach to online learning but already includes 4000+ videos from the very highest quality sources.
• You search for the words spoken in the videos
• You can also search by category (such as computers and climate change) and organization.
• You can STREAM or DOWNLOAD videos (so you can build a playlist for offline travel)
• Browse and enroll in courses. (Tablet only)
• Take notes while watching a video within one of your courses even when offline. (Tablet only)
• School Account users can now access their private accounts by signing into the app
How does search work?
Searching for knowledge is not like searching for, say, music. You’re not looking for the “artist” name or the song title. A thirst for knowledge demands you search differently.
You want to search by the words you’re looking for: So if you type the words ” natural” “selection” then Mobento instantly shows you every video where those words were spoken. It also tells you what the frequency of occurrence is.
The search even shows you when each word was spoken so you can zoom straight to the moment when a two-hour lecture focuses on the topic you’re interested in.
It’s a free service.
You don’t have to sign-up but it takes less than 30 seconds and allows you to download videos on the application, take courses and comment on the website.