DescriptionAn instant-answer guide you can turn to for on-the-spot treatment of poisoning and drug overdose
Poisoning & Drug Overdose, Sixth Edition delivers critical information on effective diagnosis and treatment of drug-related emergencies and chemical exposures.
Divided into four sections:
* Section I covers initial emergency management, including treatment of complications; physical and laboratory diagnosis; and decontamination and enhanced elimination procedures
* Section II provides detailed information on 150 common drugs and poisons
* Section III describes the use of antidotes and therapeutic drugs to treat poisoning
* Section IV describes the medical management of chemical and occupational exposures, with a table of more than 500 industrial chemicals
Poisoning & Drug Overdose, Sixth Edition is enhanced by numerous tables, charts, and a comprehensive index featuring generic, chemical, and brand names, making it an essential resource for anyone responding to drug-related emergencies and chemical exposures.
“Poisoning & Drug Overdose belongs in every emergency physician’s workroom.” --Academic Emergency Medicine reviewing earlier edition
“…a great addition to any emergency department library when rapid reference is needed to treat and diagnose the poisoned patient.” -- Annals of Emergency Medicine reviewing earlier edition
The MSDict Dictionary Format
The Poisoning & Drug Overdose is here presented in MSDict electronic format. MSDict offers best experience in mobile reference and is available for any handheld platform.
* Quick dynamic search of words while you type
* Transcriptions facilitating pronunciation
* Hyperlinks between different related words
* History to see the last 50 words you have looked up
* Support for memory cards
* Filters to help you locate the word you are searching for:
* Fuzzy filter- used when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
* Keyword-used to locate the instances of a key word within other compound words
* Wild card - "?" and "*" replace a letter and group of letters in words
* Fast article scrolling
* Ability to have dictionary Word of the day as a widget on the phone home screen
* Ability to search words in the installed dictionaries through the standard phone search feature