Description*** CREATED BY NATIVE SPANISH SPEAKERS ***
Planning to visit Spain? Need a handy Spanish-English and English-Spanish dictionary? Just want to learn Spanish?
¡Hola! aims to be the definitive Spanish handbook and learning guide for Android. A must have application when visiting Spain.
- Hundreds of expressions and words organized in different categories and situations: greetings, numbers, at the hotel, shopping, etc
- 5500+ word Spanish-English and English-Spanish dictionary
- Useful facts about Spain, including emergency numbers and tourist information websites
- Text to speech technology
- Tens of application backgrounds with Spanish culture images
- We know data rates while in roaming are expensive --> no internet connection needed :)
- Move the application to SD card to save your phone internal memory (Android 2.2 or more)
Al words and expressions are in Castilian (Castellano), the Spanish spoken in Spain.
*** Exclusive PRO version features ***
- 100s of new expressions and words
- Pronunciation guide with examples
- Prepositions and question words with examples
- Advanced Spanish-English dictionary with 17.700+ words
- Spanish gastronomy visual guide
- History of Spain
The upgrade to obtain the new features is made as an in-app purchase. No need to install a new application :)
Q: How to change the voice speed?
A: The speed of the voice is controlled by the TTS engine installed with Android. It can be set up by going to:
Settings --> Voice input & output settings --> Text to speech settings --> speech rate
Q: I don't like the voice. How can I improve it?
A: The default text-to-speech engine installed with Android is Pico TTS, it’s pretty simple and sometimes may sound a bit electronic. You can always install alternatives like eSpeak, SVox or IVONA from Android Market. Please check our blog post about this subject: http://www.movinapp.com/talking-android
Q: I have purchased the PRO version but I need to install the application again. I am going to pay for it again?
A: Absolutely not. The purchase is made through the Android Market application which will "remember" all the purchases made using your account. Just press the "get more" button to activate it again :)
Q: What kind of expressions will I learn?
A: Expressions for usual situations when visiting Spain, but also basic and medium vocabulary for your Spanish lessons. Over 1800 expressions are included in the PRO version.
Q: The dictionary is not working.
A: The first time the application is installed, the dictionary DB must be unpacked. In some cases, this process may fail. Just try to reinstall the application.
The text to speech (TTS) technology may not be available in some devices. To check if your phone is able of speech synthesis: Menu -> Settings -> Voice input & output -> Text-to-speech settings.
If not installed, your device may ask you to install the TTS engine. An internet connection may be required. We recommend installing it before traveling as roaming data tariffs may be very expensive.